NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25)
      Hero ($26.55)
      UTG ($11.63)
      UTG+1 ($62.51)
      CO ($34.10)
      BTN ($37.60)

Dealt to Hero 4:club: 4:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.75, SB raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $6.50, fold, SB calls $4

FLOP ($13.75) 8:diamond: J:club: 9:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $6.05, SB calls $6.05

TURN ($25.85) 8:diamond: J:club: 9:diamond: 4:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $7, SB raises to $12.45 (AI), Hero calls $5.45

RIVER ($50.75) 8:diamond: J:club: 9:diamond: 4:diamond: 5:club:

Villain - 19/16/1.8AF/17% 3bet (20%@SB) (110 hands)

So pretty standard TAG, a bit on the weakish side of TAGs ...
      Good spot to cold 4bet bluff imo.

Buuut he calls ... I expect him to dump all random broadways etc ...
      And I guess he can call with 99-QQ ... maaybe even AK since he is more of a weakish reg ... they don't ever fold AK because it's too strong in that situation, but since they're a bit weak, they don't have the balls to get it in either there.

So 99-QQ isn't going anywhere on this board obv so that makes my cbet kinda bad there if I can't make most of his perceived range fold out there ... oooor?

Luckily we hit like a pro on the turn and pretty standard from there on.

Usually I cbet smaller in those huge pots ... but I think if I had a value hand I'd bet bigger to protect it more on such a wet board, so decided to do that ... also I wouldn't be betting small to induce since he's not aggro enough.

Then again, that also speaks for the option of betting small since he will fold/call/raise all the same since he isn't that aggro ...

So making it 1/3 should be better still ...

BUT ... should I make it 1/3 or check back?

coz essentially I have pure air basically (except vs AK) buut I don't fold out much either.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      wihtout any blockers I´d prefer just folding pf. he can easily shove there AK and you´re folding best hand and if he calls you don´t like most of the boards.
      I don´t like c-bet that board, since it is too connected and I think he would call or shove too often there and we have to fold hand that has showdown value. If you put him on Ak/AQ, then just check it down
      Turn bet is fine. You can also shove, since pot is quite big and you prefer if he´d fold there diamond