[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJ hitting 2-pair, gets reraised on river

• Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1066369
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $1.48
      Hero (CO): $17.52
      BTN: $19.86 24/18/1.6 on 369h sample. (Read: called down flopped trips IP in 3-bet pot)
      SB: $10.05
      BB: $3.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with A :heart: J :heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) K :diamond: A :spade: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BTN calls $0.60

Turn: ($1.95) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, BTN calls $1.60

River: ($5.15) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, BTN raises to $17.36, Hero folds

The guy was shoving quite aggressive image, but didn't look bad. He was playing back at me pretty much when i raised from CO and BU. Also on other table he played back against my SBvsBB steals. So i considered that he knows that my CU and BU range is pretty wide. That's why i considered that i could get pretty much value out of this here. Flop is standart, getting value from KQ,KJ, FDs, some SDs, maybe some PP. I think that turn is not changing much, only QT got there and KJ could call us now too.
      Now trouble comes on the river. FD fullfills and i was starting to think is it a good spot to value bet all 3 streets. Did it anyways and now, when i look at it i really don't like it. Considering that we're pretty deep, the guy could have called us with a bunch of hands. I can't decide between two actions on river:
      1) check/call if the bet is not too big.
      2) still bet for myself, but less. He could still call us with some worse 2-pair, maybe busted Kx draws.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pichux,

For example on river if we were against a aggressive opponent and there wouldn't be a 3rd :diamond: , you could consider Check/Call, since he might often try to bluff his draws. But otherwise on such card and the opponent doesn't have that big AF, I'd usually prefer to blockbet myself and it would be ~$2-3 to make easier maybe a weak Ace to Call, maybe even badly played Kx.

Best regards.