BB: $4.25
      UTG: $10.21
      MP: $3.65
      Hero (CO): $28.61
      BTN: $26.94 23/19/3.0 on 356h sample.
      SB: $1.80

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with A :spade: Q :spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) A :diamond: A :club: K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BTN folds

Well the hand itself is pretty standart, but i was talking with a friend during the hand and suddenly i came up with a question. Ok, we're having trips here, very nice. What worse hands could call us here and not fold on the turn when hitting nothing? And what are we doing when villain plays back on such a flop? I suppose that Kx is calling the flop and reevaluating the turn. Could be QQ- if the villain somehow decides not to raise JJ+ pre. Lets say, that villain calls us and turn comes:
      1) Face card.
      2) Anything bellow T.
      What do we do if villain suddenly wakes up on turn? I guess i'm still playing for stacks here, especially if we catch the nutflush redraw on turn. But still this hand somehow caught my interest. What mistakes could we want for the villain to make here? If this is not the right forum for such questions then please move it. :)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Pichux,

The problem with just Checking is that we don't get value from Kx type of hands and he seems to be kinda reasonable player so I don't even expect him to pay with a lot worse more after flop, likely even Check/Fold the turn. So therefore I'd just Bet out there on flop and hope him to make some fancy Call or hopefully have a Kx or even a draw. Just think your own, how would we get more value from Kx type of hands? With just Bet/Bet/Bet line we would get maximum value. And in long run, do we get more value with the Bet/Bet/Bet line and hope him to have there Kx or just Check and Check/Raise the turn or whatsoever when he will likely just fold. More often we get value with just Betting, also we are balancing our lines. And starting to take aggression on turn or whenever it's always a sign of having an Ace, which such a player could easily recognize.

Best regards.