This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 Rush -- 22 -- facing loose squeeze

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20)
      BB ($94.50)
      UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($19.60)
      CO ($68.15)
      Hero ($51.80)

Dealt to Hero 2:diamond: 2:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB raises to $6.25, Hero raises to $50, fold, BB raises to $94.50 (AI), Hero calls $1.80 (AI)

FLOP ($105) 4:diamond: 9:club: K:heart:

TURN ($105) 4:diamond: 9:club: K:heart: J:diamond:

RIVER ($105) 4:diamond: 9:club: K:heart: J:diamond: 8:heart:

villain is an aggressive regular. 30/26/4, 3b 12%; squeeze 22%, 392 hands. Small blind is 60/27, 52 hands.

This looks to me like a high variance though profitable play. If we give villain even quite a loose range for calling our shove {99+, AQs+, AQo+ i.e. 5%, against which we have 33.9%}, he is still folding over 75% of the time (given squeeze of 22%). if my calculations are correct, he only needs to fold 64% of the time to make this break even play.

any other thoughts?

edit: villain called with JJ. does balancing now require that I also 4b shove AA/KK the next time I am in this situation versus him?

thanks
  • 2 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      Well, nobody really squeezes 22% over a decent sample, so I don't think your calculations are very relevant. That being said, I think this might be a profitable play, but the problem is that he probably won't give you credit for the nuts here the first time (why would you shove that w/o history?).

He would probably have shoved JJ over a normal 4bet also, so you can consider it a bit of a cooler (as weird as that sounds), but in general I don't like these plays too much (not really necessary, and there's probably better hand to do it with).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also don´t like it
      Players don´t do that with mostly AK+, TT+. So your range most of the times is small pp or AQ/AJ. So I think he is calling there 88+/AQ+. Really high variance play without any good reason, I´d just fold and moving on.
      With AA/KK you can sometimes shove but I think you show a lot more profit if you just flat pf and let him to tire to you multiple barrels