Live coaching player

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      I get allways the same message when I try to watch a coaching with the live coaching player: "can't connect to server"
      Is there anything to do to be able to watch them? I could'nt find a tutorial or something to explain how to use it.
      Thank you
  • 14 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      are you behind a firewall like some universities have or do you have DSL at home?
      Did you try with another browser, even with another computer?
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      I tried with both internet explorer 8 and Firefox, and disabled my firewall. I'm using my home connection (so there is no restriction).
      I didn't try with another computer since I only have one. (i'm not ready to buy a computer just for watching coachings :D )

So if I understand well there shouldn't be any special trick to make it work... As usual, a life's bad beat :D
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he DoigteurFou,
      you are right, there shouldn't be a trick needed to join the coaching player.
      Do you by any chance have a clue if you got the latest Flash-Version installed? Also do our videos work for you?
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      I'm no sure about that, but since i'm working on a new computer and I installed everything about one month ago, I assumed that the versions were not the culprits. As I also have problems with the videos (I can read them but they are full of "wrong colors" which makes them impossible to watch, I can only hear what's said), I will try to update everything to the latest version, I'll let you know in a few minutes if it helped for the videos, and I guess tomorrow about the coachings.

Thank you for your answers, I'll already try that. If you have any other ideas, let me know :)
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      So: i just updated firefox to the latest version, as well as flash player. I still have problems with the videos (for example the elephant installation video). I tried other recent videos with success, however I did not have problems with all of them (which is the reason why I didn't asked on the forums: a small bug on one of the thousands of pages I visited if no big deal!).

As for the coachings, I will see if it changed anything tomorrow for the bronze one.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I come from France, I hope the problem doesn't come from there (some really weird things sometimes happen because of that!).
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Hop
      I tried to connect to the 11h coaching (at least 11h for me, GMT+1), with no success. I still have the same "error connecting to server" (I turned the version to english to be able to give you the exact words it says).

I checked that all my firewalls and protection were disabled before trying.

Any idea of where the problem comes from?
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I got another idea, do you have any firewall/antivirus software running during your attempt to access coaching sessions? Even windows-internal FW-Software counts.
      If so please deactivate them just for testing to access the coaching sessions.
      If that doesn't work I might personally come to france :-)
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      I already did shut down my antivirus, and manually disabled the "windows defender" before trying. Maybe I forgot something?
      If not then I'll be able to host you as soon as I will have changed flat (in a few weeks) :D
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      puh so we tried everything now which comes to my mind immediately. Do you btw share your flat with someone that might have configured the router so that it cannot access certain ports? Otherwise I would have to forward that to IT, I just see no point where the error might come from.
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      No, I live alone. I will try to access live coaching player from another place (for example at a friend's flat). Anyway, as I will move quite soon, I think that if it works elsewhere I will wait to be in my new flat with my new connection before crying :D .
      After all, I spent almost 3 years without watching a coaching, I can wait some weeks. thank you anyway for trying to help me :)
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks for also looking a little bit deeper into your computers settings, hope everything will work out at a new place.
    • tpoke
      tpoke
      Bronze
      Hey, I know this one is over a year old but just in case someone experiences the above problem like I did for the past several months, I finally found what was the cause in my case.
      - originally I was getting a "Error connecting to server" when trying to access ANY of the live coachings
      - thought the firewall was blocking it, but it wasn't
      - thought the router was blocking it, but it wasn't

The problem was that the server from where the rtmp stream is coming from was found black listed and blocked by Peer Guardian running in the backround.

Finally solved! :)
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by tpoke
      Hey, I know this one is over a year old but just in case someone experiences the above problem like I did for the past several months, I finally found what was the cause in my case.
      - originally I was getting a "Error connecting to server" when trying to access ANY of the live coachings
      - thought the firewall was blocking it, but it wasn't
      - thought the router was blocking it, but it wasn't

The problem was that the server from where the rtmp stream is coming from was found black listed and blocked by Peer Guardian running in the backround.

Finally solved! :)
      any chance that you can tell me how it ended up being there, i.e. added manually or automatically by Peer Guardian itself?
    • tpoke
      tpoke
      Bronze
      Hard for me to comment on that, but here's some more information I could dig.

This is the black list that it was found on:
      http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=bt_level1

identified as:
      Detected AP2P on Amazon EC2 cloud:75.101.200.155-75.101.225.127

The ip of the streaming server is in the above range.

Also, I have http communication allowed in PG, so the blacklist does not apply to that, but I guess it did because of happening on a different port.