$34.78
      MP3:
      $27.26
      CO:
      $22.12
      BU:
      $25.02

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, J.
      MP2 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.75) A, 9, K (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BB folds, MP2 raises to $1.50, Hero calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.75) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.80, Hero raises to $5.25, MP2 raises to $12.00, Hero calls $6.75.

River: ($27.75) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $21.03, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $27.75.

Really strange hand here; villian is 21/19/2.5 over 355 hands. Worth noting we have some sort of dynamic as he was playing at several of my tables and at the start of my sessions I am 3betting a ton IP and would have hugely LAGgy stats to him. It is worth noting BB is a halfstack fish who was 68/35/9 over 134 hands hence my simple complete instead of isolate OOP (which in hindsight; an isolate may have saved me money giving more indication of villians range).

From memory the reason I call the flop 3bet is to improve putting him on a bluff or an underpair as he was playing back at me ALOT. When I watch the hand back now, AK seems very impropable (limp UTG) so its between K9 and 99 imo. I feel the hand played out like he had K9 or 99 and villian does limp pocketpairs from what I had seen (fishy reg.)

I just think my line is pretty horrible on this hand.. I think by calling the turn I HAVE to call the river and I just really think once the jack hit I was suckered in. I am beaten by AK/99/A9/Q10 as a realistic (albeit unlikely..) opponent handrange based on the play and beating K9 (the only hand I can beat..).

So a fold on the turn after I improved to top2 seems a bit sick considering. Better line; isolate preflop; cbet flop; fold to checkraise? Or just flat turn bet, flat river seems more ABC. I am only getting paid by better and rarely opp shows a bluff but it seems unlikely.
  • 2 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      So he plays 21/19, limps UTG, and then raises small on a AKx rainbow flop.

Dude's got Aces (or Kings/AK).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would isolation raise pf and when he c/r then I can make note he is limp/raising utg and then I know I´d just complete with good hands that i don´t want to play stacks pf
      I´d b/f flop. Players don´t make there moves enough times that you should b/c and then planning to call him down. I´d c/c turn and c/c river, since hands that he is raising on the flop has KJ beat, so best is just call him down