This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Turn 2 Pair; No good?

• fastliketiger
      fastliketiger
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $26.32
      BB:
      $18.13
      MP2:
      $34.78
      MP3:
      $27.26
      CO:
      $22.12
      BU:
      $25.02

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, J.
      MP2 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.75) A, 9, K (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BB folds, MP2 raises to $1.50, Hero calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.75) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.80, Hero raises to $5.25, MP2 raises to $12.00, Hero calls $6.75.

River: ($27.75) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $21.03, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $27.75.

Really strange hand here; villian is 21/19/2.5 over 355 hands. Worth noting we have some sort of dynamic as he was playing at several of my tables and at the start of my sessions I am 3betting a ton IP and would have hugely LAGgy stats to him. It is worth noting BB is a halfstack fish who was 68/35/9 over 134 hands hence my simple complete instead of isolate OOP (which in hindsight; an isolate may have saved me money giving more indication of villians range).

From memory the reason I call the flop 3bet is to improve putting him on a bluff or an underpair as he was playing back at me ALOT. When I watch the hand back now, AK seems very impropable (limp UTG) so its between K9 and 99 imo. I feel the hand played out like he had K9 or 99 and villian does limp pocketpairs from what I had seen (fishy reg.)

I just think my line is pretty horrible on this hand.. I think by calling the turn I HAVE to call the river and I just really think once the jack hit I was suckered in. I am beaten by AK/99/A9/Q10 as a realistic (albeit unlikely..) opponent handrange based on the play and beating K9 (the only hand I can beat..).

So a fold on the turn after I improved to top2 seems a bit sick considering. Better line; isolate preflop; cbet flop; fold to checkraise? Or just flat turn bet, flat river seems more ABC. I am only getting paid by better and rarely opp shows a bluff but it seems unlikely.
  • 2 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      So he plays 21/19, limps UTG, and then raises small on a AKx rainbow flop.

Dude's got Aces (or Kings/AK).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would isolation raise pf and when he c/r then I can make note he is limp/raising utg and then I know I´d just complete with good hands that i don´t want to play stacks pf
      I´d b/f flop. Players don´t make there moves enough times that you should b/c and then planning to call him down. I´d c/c turn and c/c river, since hands that he is raising on the flop has KJ beat, so best is just call him down