NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($15.33)
      BB ($27.14)
      UTG ($8.55)
      UTG+1 ($25.23)
      Hero ($29.15)
      BTN ($21.10)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.55, BTN raises to $4.80, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $15.30, BTN raises to $21.10 (AI), Hero calls $5.80

FLOP ($43.10) 9:club: 8:heart: 8:club:

TURN ($43.10) 9:club: 8:heart: 8:club: A:club:

RIVER ($43.10) 9:club: 8:heart: 8:club: A:club: 8:spade:
  • 6 replies
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Silver
      Hello!

If UTG+1 is a fish which I am assuming from the min-bet, the BTN(who seems to be a reg from your sample size, wtf stack size though) could raise with a pretty wide range as he knows you will be isolating the fish with weaker holdings, and will take the pot down preflop a lot.

I think your raise to 15.30 might be a bit big, but otherwise this looks pretty standard, I would have played it the same.

Hope it helps.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would 3-bet to 12$ and then shove any board, although 15$ is also fine or if you want then you can also shove.
      Either way I think you shouldn´t fold there Aks
    • sootedAs
      sootedAs
      Bronze
      But is it ok just because there is this minraise before me and he's expected to be 3betting light? What if there was no minraise? I mean...what should I be looking for to fold AK or QQ for that matter... 1vs1 I can't really see it, especially vs a reg who isnt playing like...14/12, 1.5% 3bet. Cause how can I just raise/fold AK or QQ preflop, and once I 4bet it, I usually have the pot odds to call vs QQ+, AK. Maybe OOP...but still, 3bet/fold, kinda hard to do.

Sorry for turning it a bit into a strategy discussion :f_p:
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Silver
      Hello again,

You will often find yourself in tricky spots when you get 3-bet while holding AK/QQ. There is no simple answer like "always 4-bet/shove" or "always call" - you have to think about each situation individually based on stats/reads, position etc.

I recommend you read these if you haven't already as they might shed some light on the topic:

AK and QQ Preflop at the Low Limits (1) - Basic Ideas
      AK and QQ Preflop at the Low Limits (2) - Possible Lines
      AK and QQ Preflop at the Low Limits (3) - Your Opponents
      AK and QQ Preflop at the Low Limits (4) - Examples
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sootedAs
      But is it ok just because there is this minraise before me and he's expected to be 3betting light? What if there was no minraise? I mean...what should I be looking for to fold AK or QQ for that matter... 1vs1 I can't really see it, especially vs a reg who isnt playing like...14/12, 1.5% 3bet. Cause how can I just raise/fold AK or QQ preflop, and once I 4bet it, I usually have the pot odds to call vs QQ+, AK. Maybe OOP...but still, 3bet/fold, kinda hard to do.

Sorry for turning it a bit into a strategy discussion :f_p:
      well even if you just open on the co smt like 25%, bu would 3-bet you lighter than KK/AA, so most of the times you should 4-bet there AK for value and since he is shoving also smt like QQ/JJ/AK you have to call shove.
      Of course if player is total nit, you can raise/call pf AK/QQ and evaluate on the flop, but 24/15 with 4.5 3-bet isn´t really that type that you shouldn´t play stacks pf.
      Only reason you should b/f or b/c, is when you´re going to open utg and he 3-bets you, since then your range is tighter and his range for 3-betting is also tighter.
    • sootedAs
      sootedAs
      Bronze
      I see... Thank you for your help :)