[NL2-NL10] NL2 JhTh BU

• koosMaras

called on river, but really wanted to raise. So would a raise be correct in this situation?

Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , T:heart:
      UTG2 calls $0,02, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0,06, SB calls $0,05, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,20) A:heart: , J:club: , 9:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0,12, SB calls $0,12, UTG2 calls $0,12.

Turn: ($0,56) 7:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,56) 4:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,5, UTG2 calls $0,50, Hero calls $0,50.

Final Pot: $2,06

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows (Ac Qd)
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Jh Th)
      SB shows (Qs Tc)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (Jh Th)
  • 2 replies
    • SPeedFANat1c
      I think raise on the river would be good with your stack size because you have almost the nuts, there are only two hands that beat you - queen high flush and king high flush.
    • veriz
      Hello koosMaras,

Preflop: Do you also raise such amount with AA also? I don't think so, so therefore I think I would more likely raise it at least $0.08.
      Flop: Having such a strong hand, I don't mind trying to take the pot down with betting here or starting to build up the pot.
      Turn: Taking a free card against 2 opponents would be the best play here. Since we don't want to get raised or something and we still can improve if we are against some kind of Ax type of hand.
      River: As long we don't have much and they are very likely going to Call with Ace here, I'd just shove it over his bet.

Best regards.