$10.00
      BB:
      $8.46
      MP2:
      $10.57
      MP3 (Hero):
      $23.28

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 7, 5, 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.45, BB raises to $1.40, Hero raises to $9.00, BB calls $6.76.

Turn: ($17.81) 3 (2 players)

River: ($17.81) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $17.81.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(As Ah).
      BB shows a straight, nine high(8d 6s).

BB wins with a straight, nine high(8d 6s).

Villain was 49/30 AF 1,6.. What do you say? I honestly dont feel too bad about my call, i think he could have easily had some pair+draw type of hand.
      Btw dont you get that feeling that if durrrr didnt 5bet Howard with 86o, nobody would ever play that hand? Now i see fishes play it all day.:D
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alficor1,

LoL @ durrr hand. :f_biggrin: But you can likely just Bet/Fold on such flop against them, unless you have some good reads that he might be capable of going broke there with a lot worse, maybe even just with draw. He often has you beat there at least with set. Also I don't think that you have that many hands on him, like 50? That's small amount and I wouldn't take that into consideration and also that doesn't mean that passive fish can't have a hand.

Best regards.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Actually i have 363 hands on him.. how many hands do you think is the minimum to be able to say what kind of an opp he is?
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      i think its better to bet more on preflop..you can narrow his range of hand that he could have...im most cases he wouldnt have marginal hand..just thought

judge veriz what you think about this? :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Actually i have 363 hands on him.. how many hands do you think is the minimum to be able to say what kind of an opp he is?
      Such sample size is somehow giving overview on him but that's still not enough. Also I would need WTSD, W$SD and also would be interesting to know what's his Check/Raise to make such shove profitable, more often we are beaten there if we haven't seen him doing any kind of fancy moves. It's always safer to fold your OPs in such situation than go broke, I see saving money in longer run than winning. Also take into consideration that he is raising pretty big there, like he wants to go broke. Sometimes such reads are very useful, for example he does raise only with nuts that big and with bluff he raises less.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by crodady
      i think its better to bet more on preflop..you can narrow his range of hand that he could have...im most cases he wouldnt have marginal hand..just thought

judge veriz what you think about this? :)
      Of course 4BB would be standard but if you are used to just raise it 3BB it ain't wrong either, depending on your game play, for example I say that on higher limits I do raise smaller. Although I wouldn't recommend that in micro stakes, more often just raise it normal 4BB to get bigger postflop.