[1088] elephant 0.9 bug, ftp racetrack tables 9max mistaken for 6max[updated]

• mik1984
      mik1984
      Bronze
      I would like to report a bug for Elephant 0.9. On FTP when I sit down on a full ring table and I play the first hand on the big blind against 6 or less opponents, the Elephant fails to recognize the table as a 9max table. Even if switched manually to 9max in the pop up menu, the Elephant fails to prompt the HUD properly.

I'm using windows 7 64x, I use racetrack view and auto center on FTP. Furthermore the problem disappears when using classic layout on ftp, the elephant only shows problems with properly implementing the "auto-center" function on 9max tables with 6 or less players siting in on the first hand.

---UPDATE---

Recently I've noticed that the problem has nothing to do with the table view. It's the same on classic and racetrack. If you play the hand at a table with 6 or less players in your first hand, the elephant fails to recognize the table size properly.
  • 14 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey mik1984,

thanks for your report. We will have a look at it.
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I can confirm that and we're going to fix that, but at the moment I don't know when.
      In the meantime you can avoid this issue by manually adjusting the table size via the elephnat's tablemenu.

Cheers,
      L
    • mik1984
      mik1984
      Bronze
      Hi,

The problem is that after you manually adjusted the table size, elephant still prompts stats for 5 of the other 8 players, so 3 players have no stats prompted at all.
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hello there and a happy new year everybody!

Please get your hands on our latest dev build (v0.96) as we fixed several HUD issues.

Cheers,
      L
    • mik1984
      mik1984
      Bronze
      The indicated build does still contain the 6max bug, and it's totally bugridden overall. Or am I missing something?
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi mik1984,

I cannot confirm that.
      Indeed I just had two different session on FTP (at 9 max and 6 max tables) and the table size detection worked well.
      The full 9-max table was identified as a 7-10 player game and the full 6-max table was identified as a 5-6 player game, shown in the black table stats window on the table.

Please keep in mind that the real number of players is the determining size here. F.e. if there are only 3 active players at a 9-max table the game has to be detected as a 3 player game.

Hope this helps,
      L
    • mik1984
      mik1984
      Bronze
      What is interesting is that I noticed that after the recent ftp update, the bug is gone on the 0.9 version, that I reinstalled. However I would still prefer to stay with the 0.9 version, since the new option of importing hands in the background, which is included in the update does not seem to work well. It takes too long before stats start popping up in a table, on the 0.9 version I see the hud in 100% cases with the second hand, in the new version I have to wait 3-5 hands before stats start popping up, furthermore sometimes on some tables they simply will block themselves and the hud won't pop up at all for a quite a long time.

With the bug gone due to an ftp software update, I think I can wait for the release of the certified v1.0, which I hope will have everything sorted out.
    • stanisluv
      stanisluv
      I detect similar bug on FTP:
      1) seat on the table
      2) play few hands
      3) leave the table
      4) seat on the same table on the same place.
      5) play few hands.

Finally you detect next situation:

This is happens because Elephant doesn`t recognize table size.

Elephant version: 0.96.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey stanisluv,

please provide us with the corresponding logfile ;)
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Thx stanisluv, we were now able to reproduce tis issue here. Thx a lot for your excellent repro description above.
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      By the way: Adjusting the table size manually to it's correct size resolves the issue on the fly.

Cheers,
      L
    • stanisluv
      stanisluv
      mrk1988, log file contain information about imports only. ;) There is no HUD errors.

Larres, I know about this workaround. ;)
    • mik1984
      mik1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Larres
      By the way: Adjusting the table size manually to it's correct size resolves the issue on the fly.

Cheers,
      L
      It doesn't solve it completely. You will still miss stats for 3 opponents.
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi mik1984,

sad hearing that, nevertheless we've tracked this issue and will definatley solve it later on.
      Until then it seems just to not leave the table will be the best practice to avoid that.

Cheers,
      L