This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Villain donkbet

• JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $8.55
      Hero:
      $2

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.94 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , Q:spade:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, CO calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.35) 9:heart: , 9:diamond: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.64, CO calls $0.64.

Turn: ($2.63) 7:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $5.6, Hero calls $0.76 (All-In), CO gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($4.15) Q:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows (8s 7h)
      Hero shows two-pair, queens and nines (Ah Qs)

Hero wins with two-pair, queens and nines (Ah Qs)

hi,
      Villain is a loose player. As usual I always treat minraise as two limpers so I reraise.On the Flop, I cbet 1/2 pot due to dry broad. Should I go all in instead of cbet 1/2 pot. On the Turn, Villain donkbets. Should I call it? Thanks :s_confused:
  • 7 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I would raise 3.5x pre to jam below potsized

Betting $0.65 here doesn't achieve you much FEQ and you dont have the max Equity because you will most likely miss from F to Turn

So as played I would just jam Flop and expect to be profitable continuosly

- Gerv
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi

as played I would have folded to the bet on turn as you don't beat anything but a complete bluff, all you have is A high.

You have position and the board is not scary how about checking on flop and re-evaluating on turn.

What would you have done if villain checked raised you? if you are going to call a push or any turn card you might as well push there, you will have more fold equity. Your 1/2 pot size bet shows uncertainty and kind of commits you to the pot.

GLATT
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      ooh I did not see the low PF 3 bet to the min raise. Against loose opponent and has SS player even with a min raise i guess i would jam pre so i get the max fold equity and when / if he calls me I probably ahead of his calling range anyway.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      Hi

as played I would have folded to the bet on turn as you don't beat anything but a complete bluff, all you have is A high.

You have position and the board is not scary how about checking on flop and re-evaluating on turn.

What would you have done if villain checked raised you? if you are going to call a push or any turn card you might as well push there, you will have more fold equity. Your 1/2 pot size bet shows uncertainty and kind of commits you to the pot.

GLATT
      If Hero check behind, it may give free card to Villian. So I prefer cbet flop, to win the pot by villain fold. May be I should go all in on the flop. :s_biggrin:
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      ooh I did not see the low PF 3 bet to the min raise. Against loose opponent and has SS player even with a min raise i guess i would jam pre so i get the max fold equity and when / if he calls me I probably ahead of his calling range anyway.
      If Hero jam pre flop, I think Villian will fold. I think we may get more value if we reraise. :s_biggrin:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      If Hero jam pre flop, I think Villian will fold. I think we may get more value if we reraise. :s_biggrin:
      I think villain folding is good, with AQo you never have a huge edge; in best case you will be almost 75% if he as Qxo, but against suited connectors or a a lot of hands you will be at 60/40.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I think both jamming pre or raising small is fine. It really depends how villain is perceiving this

Best regards,
      Gerv