[NL2-NL10] Nice Suck Out

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Just to show Berliner that I don't only post my quads a nice suckout on the river.

No need to say why filled up with A7s, I did, because every hand was played on this table so why not take a look at the flop.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+1:
      $10.31
      Hero:
      $2.23
      MP3:
      $9.84
      BB:
      $2

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:diamond: , A:diamond:
      UTG+1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 8:spade: , 5:diamond: , 2:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.20, MP3 folds.

So nuts flush draw here so I bet

Turn: ($0.80) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1.90, Hero raises to $1.93 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $0.03.

Maybe here's the question, raise or check. Having raised I could've get him out of the hand. But I don't think so. So let it happen.

River: ($4.66) 8:club:

Final Pot: $4.66

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG+1 shows [ 8h, 8d ] four of a kind, Eights
      Hero shows [ 7d, Ad ] a flush, Ace high
      UTG+1 wins $4.43 USD with four of a kind, Eights.
  • 4 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      definately bet turn without really good reads ^^
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I would check/call if odds are good flop and bet turn around 0.6$.

On flop I prefer to play my draw passively, because if someone wakes up with top pair 8K, for instance, he will most probably protect it after your rise and you won`t get enough odds to call. besides he will scare some potential callers from the hand as well. but if you check he might just bet low...
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      mh (;) ) i didn´t really notice the flop action but i think it´s close between c/c and a bet.
      if i bet i think i would bet bigger and move in against a reraise... we still have fold equity (e.g. against a weak 8) a flushdraw, backdoorstraightdraw and an overcard. should be enough.

i also tend to play my draws passive but i´m not sure if it´s the right way in this spot.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      1.) Fold preflop. ;)

Since you completed, we have to go on.

2.) Bet for value here is good and also has some fold equity.
      3.) Bet on the Turn, you will get value, from Straights, Sets, weaker flushs and often enough from worse hands.

4.) Thats not a suckout, since he was mostly ahead (only on the turn behind). ;)