This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Getting 3bet from BU with middle pair (SH)

• Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Hi guys, i have a question. Lets say you have a hand like jacks or queens and you open from MP2, one guy calls and button who plays 25/20 makes a big 3bet. What do you think is the best option in this spot? Call, fold or 4bet?
  • 3 replies
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      at shorthanded its just MP.It depends on his 3bet frequency from the BU and his squeeze isnt necessarily very strong, with queens you can 4bet but with jacks is a bit though both calling or 4betting.
    • joecar
      joecar
      Bronze
      Does villian squeeze quite a bit? Big 3 bet, how many bb? I would 4 bet as your OOP on the flop. Villian has quite a loose range and a A/K on the board will be tricky with oop flat preflop call. What kind of stack sizes do you and villian have
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Well ussually i open 3x and villain squeezes 15x. Stacks are 100 bb deep.

I very often just fold even queens here, because they're so tough to play oop without the iniciative..