[NL2-NL10] NL5 AA tricky play

• YourDoom
      NL5 rush, no stats. I decided to just call because if UTG raises pre c-bet is almost guaranteed, flop was very nice so just call, turn card is perfect and I am surely ahead - is raise/bet ok or just call and bet river?

Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:heart: , A:spade:
      UTG1 raises to $0,15, Hero calls $0,15, 7 folds.

Flop: ($0,37) 8:spade: , 8:diamond: , 5:club:
      UTG1 raises to $0,25, Hero calls $0,25.

Turn: ($0,87) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0,55, Hero raises to $1,10, UTG1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,97
  • 4 replies
    • Royaltramp
      New here, so don't take my advice 100%, this is what I'd do though:

Preflop: Raise, if UTG is likely to fold then raise 2x, otherwise raise 3x, to $0.45. You want as much money in the pot as possible so you can get it all in real quick.

Flop: I'd raise to $0.75 here, once again you want to get as much money in as possible. If you were acting first you could check raise a c-bet here, but since you're in position you should raise.

Turn: Shove all in.
    • YourDoom
      Royaltramp: My thoughts was following

Pre: wow aces from position - I want to as much chips in pot as possible ofc, but if I raise there is pretty big chance I will get just 0.22, so call is better (yes there is risk of some PP will call, but also chance that JJ or so will squeeze (and SB call or raise)
      Of course I raise with aces in normal situations unles I know vilain is hyper-agro.

Flop: superdry flop, c-bet means he probably have PP, so I decided to continue representing small/mid PP

Turn: He fired second bullet so I thought he have something and can call with JJ or so. I also tried to fake set-line which makes no sense here to encourage him to call.
    • LSFC4ever
      Actually, you really dont wanna CC here for 2 reasons:First, with AA you want to get as much as money as possible, and therefore if he has hand like AK and misses the flop, you will be unable to stack him(if he is not some kind of "star" player), and he will often shove it pre.If he is fishy, he could also call AQ,AJ,TT+ OPP, tho its not that clear since u have no sample size on him.The other clear reason is, that if there are looser opponents behind you(especially Button and Blinds) you might often find yourself in a sandwich spot, which obviously sux.So 3beting here is the standart move and u should do it.
    • veriz
      Hello YourDoom,

Preflop: I'd never pick such line with AA, are you set mining or what's your plan? Just raise for value, also the opponent is super loose preflop, abuse that. Never try to slowplay your AA here.

As played
      Flop: What's your plan here? If you don't raise you will never get his whole stack, just raise it up, ~$0.75.
      Turn: Raise for value, and nothing much we can do, we lost a lot value since we didn't reraise him preflop. :(

Best regards.