Hu deep stack play join middle stage of match

• icu123
      icu123
      Bronze
      Join the early match of Hu with 100 bb decision usually are not too complex prety straight forward. you usually getting it in either flip or draws vs me made hand ext..ext . My question is when ur stack are 250 to 300 bb deep, what adjustment do you usually made, I know alot player would say it all depend on "who" you playing with and how your opponent approach you? most the Reg play Hu are prety much the same anyway. As this is like the key moment of match who ever win will have 700bb dep and you only can rebuy 100bb the match. who ever win this key all in hand will be fav for the rest the match as
      well.

The Question is what adjusting do you made when the stack getting deeper?
      do you adjusting more on post or pre-flop play?

As the the way how the game float are going, some time you very well set ur self up to bluff shove river you wouldn't notice is such bad play until you get call. Is this ever a profitable play to bluff shove river on vs Reg with this deep ?or just process with cation.
  • 7 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I'm not a HU player myself, but I would probably be opening my Preflop 3bet and 4bet range quite a lot, adjusting bet sizes is an obvious one as well.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      In general preflop: 3b less, defend vs 3bets/4bets more. Postflop meh, too villain dependant, bluffraising more vs cbets in 3b pots sounds like a good idea as a standard, changing bet sizing to bigger in 3b pots is ok adjustment too.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      In general preflop: 3b less
      i thought the deeper we go the looser it gets,no?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrPavlos
      Imo, the bigger SPR the bigger positional advantage BU has so while by 3betting 100bb deep we negate that advantage 300bb deep we can get raped by BU if our range is super wide and villain is good. Also he can just 4b the hell out of you and you'll be forced to defend w lots of crap OOP w no initiative so not to get exploited.

Well, that's just the way I play, would be hard to up my 3betting range the deeper I go since I 3b between 20% and 30% 100bb deep.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      3betting becomes less viable when deep for obvious reasons.

I don't agree that you should defend vs 4bets more tho. Instead you should 4bet more urself as 5bet shoving won't be an option for him 250bb deep and playing a huge pot OOP with all his medium hands sucks for him.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      You meant defend vs 3bets more? If yes then by defend more I meant both 4betting and calling more. :)
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Originally posted by MrPavlos
      would be hard to up my 3betting range the deeper I go since I 3b between 20% and 30% 100bb deep.
      y but imo after the 20-30% range there aint much u can 3bet anymore,assuming we play someone who is decent