Ahh variance is destroying me!

• mishh06
      Hi everyone, i recently joint poker strategy and am an avid sit n go and tournament player. Anyway, i had my bankroll up from $50 to nearly $200 playing $2 and $5 sit n go's and the occasional $3 rebuy tournament, and i'm having the worst few days ever and my bankroll is down to $120! For example, i've lost the last 5 or 6 sit n go's in a row today when i was clearly ahead. The most recent loss came when i raised with AKo preflop to 180 with 1 caller and flop was A810 rainbow. So i push all in, he calls with A4 and the turn is a 4. I know i've been playing good poker but i just keep losing :( i don't know what to do. I think i'm going to take a break because this variance is making me feel like a horrible poker player. Anyway, i know downswings happen to everyone but i just felt the need to rant to try and make myself feel better :)
  • 2 replies
    • xylere

Unfortunately, poker is all about variance, especially SNG`s... I heard SnG coach saying, that from time to time he is having swings about 50 buy-ins down. He was playing higher limits, but still... just deal with it...
    • Zeffke
      We all have downswings, so don't let that bother you. Just keep focused on playing your A-game and everything will turn around for sure. You just need the patience to get there! If you're taking a break: read and reread some articles and watch the coachings, ask them questions, post some hands out of the past and you'll improve your skills in meanwhile so I will be an even better player when you return to the tables.

Good luck!!