This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 KTs

• uni1102
      uni1102
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $1.88
      SB (Hero):
      $2.02
      BB:
      $2.44
      MP2:
      $1.35
      MP3:
      $1.07
      CO:
      $2.05

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, T.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) J, A, A (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, BU bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, BB folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($0.16) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.16) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, BU calls $0.08.

Final Pot: $0.32.

I think I might have made much more profit if I was betting differently. Just joined the table (7th hand).

Results follow:

BU shows two pairs, aces and queens(Qd Jc).
      Hero shows a royal flush(Ks Ts).

Hero wins with a royal flush(Ks Ts).

edit reason: wrong format
  • 3 replies
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Flop: bet potsize to build up the pot, you have nut flush draw + gutshot which is 13 outs.

Turn: continue building up the pot, the turn is a blank.

River: bet bigger or shove since you have the ultimate nuts :D
    • uni1102
      uni1102
      Bronze
      thx for responding kenthmp.

My reasoning for the smaller bet on the river was a semi-slowplay (to show weakness, i.e. get BU to raise so I could shove without scaring him). I guess it didn't work though.

highlight to read spoiler:

Seeing his hand, makes me think I made the right decision (maybe even should have checked/bet .02). He hits has a pretty decent hand on the river. Why he doesn't go all in or raise my bet is a bit of a mistery to me...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello uni1102,

Flop: Nah, you don't have to start up building the pot here against so many opponents, what if we get reraised? Or something similar, I wouldn't really get my chips in there, even if I have royal flush draw.

Just see the equity if we are against a AT hand for example:
      Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 36,818% 36,364% 0,909% 62,727% KsTs
      Player 2: 63,182% 62,727% 0,909% 36,364% ATs, ATo

Why should we get in our chips? I'd likely also Check/Call here being OOP. When we for example had position then sure why not to bet out.

As played
      Turn: Check/Call is likely fine, we still don't want to get raised.
      River: Sometimes I might even shove here for example if he would have bet the turn also but as long he didn't and didn't shove any kind of aggression then I would also bet something like ~$0.10 and hope for a reraise since if he wont raise us then he wont Call a shove either. Only you could sometimes overbet a bit but that doesn't bring that much value anyways to us. More likely I'd just bet kinda 3/4 pot and then hope for a reraise from an Ace.

Best regards.