[NL2-NL10] NL2 AJo oop

• mayapnd
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.09, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.07, MP2 calls $0.07.

Flop: ($0.28) J, 6, 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, MP2 calls $0.14, CO raises to $0.84, Hero raises to $1.91, MP2 folds, CO calls $1.07.

Turn: ($4.24) 9 (2 players)

River: ($4.24) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.24.
      Results follow:

]Hero shows a pair of jacks(Jc Ad).
      ]CO shows a pair of kings(Ks Kh).

]CO wins with a pair of kings(Ks Kh).

Villan(CO) was 40/28/4.0 over ~70 hands.

:diamond:P reflop:
      He was raising quite often so i think that my call preflop is somewhat ok.
      :diamond:O n the flop:
      I hit TPTK, and i'm not ok with a check right there so i bet quite small, because there aren't so many draws. When CO raises, his range is quite tighter but besides QQ+, i think he could reraise there with AJ+,QJ,KJ and maybe with air for a pure bluff, so i decide he might not be on a hand and reraise all-in.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello mayapnd,

Preflop: I don't really like the Call here, being OOP. More often I'd sometimes even consider for 3betting him, since he seems to be opening a lot of hands. And we often are ahead of his raising range. Therefore Fold or raise is better than Calling.

As played
      Flop: Or often I'd just Bet/Fold here, he is representing a very strong hand and I rarely see him bluffing here into multiway pot. Either I don't see him raising with just KJ or QJ, more often it's a set or some OP.

Best regards.