[NL2-NL10] NL2 TT reraised by BU

• mayapnd
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, T.
      MP3 posts deadblind, MP3 checks, Hero raises to $0.08, BU raises to $0.24, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.53) J, 4, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, BU raises to $0.70, Hero ?...

Villan was 58/29/3.2 over ~100 hands.

:diamond:P reflop:
      Standard open from CO.
      I get reraised by BU, but he was playing quite aggro preflop, so i take my chances agains AT+, KJ+.
      :diamond:O n the Flop:
      I bet ~1/2 pot, and plan to fold to a reraise, is it the right play?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello mayapnd,

If he 3bets against you pretty often then just 4bet against him and get it in. Being OOP postflop also is kinda bad. And as played postflop, I'd not give up there, as you said he is very aggressive preflop and he could raise us with anything here, such a board is perfect to go broke against such an maniac. Which other board do you want to see, a set? Then if you just set mining preflop then I wouldn't even Call, just fold.

Best regards.
    • fryandspicy
      This is a tough spot preflop, but if his 3bet stat is over 5 i'd probably 4bet/jam with TT here. I don't like calling because it's hard to play out of position without the initiative post flop.

On the flop, i'd check to him seeing as he has the initiative and just call with my tens. If he barrels turn and river he can probably force me off my hand; it's unlikely an opponent would try lots of barrels with something like A high here because it has showdown value and we will often slowplay a strong hand on that board.

As played you have to fold because if he has a pocket pair it's almost always better than tens. It's always fishy when people play so aggressively on a paired board but at the low stakes people will often just bet strong hands regardless of texture, opponents ranges, etc.