Hands: 986
      bb/100: 5.80
      VPIP: 12.4
      PFR: 7.5
      3Bet%: 4.3
      Sqz%: 9.1
      WTSD: 22%
      Agg: 5.20

I'm playing pretty much by the starting hand chart and have hit some seriously unlucky suckouts which took a massive chunk of profit (Someone pushing me all in on the flop when I hit trip queens and he only had a backdoor flush draw, not even a pair and he got it, someone pushing me all in with a pair of sevens with my nut flush and them getting a full house on the river =/) but maintained a win over these 1000 hands.

Am I playing too loosely though as I feel always on the brink of loosing everything I have spent earning over a 100 hands in 1 hand at all times. The variance I'm getting is pretty major and I'm worried a bad spell might ruin me.
  • 16 replies
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Nope, you should be in the very tight category.

Playing loose is like 25/22 and attempt to steal the blinds 30-50%.
    • McHallow
      McHallow
      Bronze
      Hmm fair enough, I think I'm leaking a bit too much at the moment, can anyone decipher anything out of my stats and potentially see anything I need to change to improve my game or is rush just going to be variance hell whatever happens?
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      [ ] sample
    • McHallow
      McHallow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cojonel
      [ ] sample
      [x] Useless post
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      no, not a useless post.

seriously, come back with a lot more hands and we might be able to make a judgment.

or maybe we wont be able to make a judgment, since those are really nitty preflop stats and we have no idea how badly you are playing postflop to make any judgments on why you are losing.

post hands you are unsure about in the hand discussion forum.
    • McHallow
      McHallow
      Bronze
      I thought it might be better to ask for advice earlier rather than later, as I've found rush rather different from a regular ring game.

I've tightened up in Rush due to the fact that people tend to play much stronger hands preflop in general to a normal game as people seem to just fold out constantly until they hit a high pocket or AK.

Is it wrong to nit up my range in ordeer to counter this? or should I loosen it up a little and attempt to blind steal and raise pre flop a little more? As I'm not using my home computer at the moment I can't post any hands at current but my post flop game is going reasonably well as i've been taking down pots that i've felt i've been in marginal situations and the times I have taken it to the river I've won a large amount at showdown.

I apologise for the small amount of hands but I thought that if I could adapt my strategy early and avoiding potential losses compared to playing 20k hands before posting and being in a bad bankroll position, I personally see that beneficial to my learning and wallet. Posts just generically trolling as a few posts above that it's a small sample despite myself apologising in the first few words of the OP and acknowledging the fact that it is are not constructive in the slightest.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by McHallow
      [ ] sample
      [x] Useless post
      [x] Useless post
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      [ ] sample
      [x] Useless post
      [x] Useless post
      [x] 2 Useless Posts. :D
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Thats some awful variance over that massive 1000 hand sample!

But seriously, you should be worried. Stop playing NL5 rush with a fitty buck roll or you will be busto in no time. :f_cry:
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Where does it say he has a $50 Bankroll?
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      [ ] sample
      [x] Useless post
      [x] Useless post
      [x] 2 Useless Posts. :D
      [x] 3 Useless Posts. :D :P
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I can't count past 3 :(
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      I can't count past 3 :(

[x] 4 Useless Posts. :evil:
    • McHallow
      McHallow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hajler

But seriously, you should be worried. Stop playing NL5 rush with a fitty buck roll or you will be busto in no time. :f_cry:
      Thank you.

I'm not quite at my 50 starting roll, I've worked it up to about $80 at the moment, should I wait til at least $100 or maybe perhaps $200 before attempting rush?

BRM Says $125 but it seems pretty swingy so a bit more might be better?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hajler

Thank you.

I'm not quite at my 50 starting roll, I've worked it up to about $80 at the moment, should I wait til at least $100 or maybe perhaps $200 before attempting rush?
      Hi McHallow

Rush has quite a lot of variance and hence I would use a quite conservative BR. I would wait to have $200 before playing NL5. Of course you can have a few shots at it and see how it goes. But be ready to stop quick if you loose a few buyins
    • McHallow
      McHallow
      Bronze
      Brilliant, I'll bear that in mind then and return to regular ring games for the time being.