should i give it a try?

• helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      my bankroll is 1200$, i dont play cashgames, but i want to give it a try. Where should i start playing, and when should i move up? I'd like to play Bss. i wonder how many buy ins i need. More, because i only played s&g/mtt so far, or as much as this site advices me?

and when should i add on? as soon as i lose about 5% of the stack or sumtin?
  • 5 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi helemaalnicks!

First of all I recommend that you read all of our articles concerning the big stack strategy: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/#silver It should help you to find out how many stacks you need in order to have a proper bankroll management ;)

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      You could start at NL50 with your bankroll but as you are just about to start, I would recommend starting at NL25 and see how it goes. Because it's very common that you make some mistakes in the beginning, no matter how many times you read the strategy articles or watch the videos. NL25 and NL50 are imo very similar limits, so once you start beating NL25 you could/should move up to NL50 :)
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      ok ty, im trying nl25 now. Lost qq vs tt, but only 5$ because there was an obvious 4straight on the board (lucky me). Its goin ok i guess, but lots of folds to my monsterhands, im not used to that...

lost some money but i guess that is normal with all the implied odds you have to play for with bss

i made a good amount on my monsters thanks to donkeys, it went well.

@pushkin: off course i did, and printed the SHC. Its very similar to s&g/tournament start though.
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Post flop play could be very different.
      You can always rebuy, decisions not affected by the fact that there's a value to call a short stack just to have a chance to knock him out at tournaments.
      And you could be more patient with blinds staying the same ...
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      And you could be more patient with blinds staying the same ...

lol, i realize that i shouldnt instantly go all in on the sb with any pair, because im already playing for an hour. Just saying, the whole impl odds and reverse impl odds story is basically the same. Only difference is that table reads dont work as well as on tourneys. You normally need position for suited connectors etc., that kinda stuff. The articles on PS where a help too.