PartyPoker client

• 2 replies
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      Yes sometimes I couldn't even get it to start and when I got it to start it would freeze as soon I'd change something in the game menu. I got so tired of it that I changed to stars a week ago.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Well, I was reading news in russian branch of poker strategy and seems like they`ve found a solution. I won`t translate the whole post, just the main thing. it was posted on the main page by russian PS headadmin:

The problem is caused by PartyBets, but you can fix it:

Open file "hosts" in folder <where windows is installed>system32driversetc
      and add a line
      127.0.0.1 content.partybets.com.

Another method - block website content.partybets.com with the firewall.
      In case script will react just press "No".

As the result PartyBets is off, but no lags for Partypoker anymore

At the moment this helped almost everyone to, thanks goes to Barba224!
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure that it works with vista and I didn`t check it myself, since I am not playing on Party at the moment. But it helped a lot of people, since the thread in russian forum is full of "thank you"s :)
      In the same thread there was also a post from one of PP managers, who said that he collected all the info from thread and forwarded it to Party programmers. But who knows how long will it take to fix, so meanwhile you can try this.

Original post: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/ru/news/content/novost_02244