Super turbos

• qnb07
      qnb07
      Bronze
      started playing super turbo's on ftp recently.

if i just use nash calculator with stacks,blinds etc. will that be enough to give me right calling/shoving ranges?
      say at the start of the tournament with everyone at 300 and i type that into a nash calculator, are those ranges good? (so if i follow that i'll be making the right theoretical move?)

theres no specific super turbo articles here so what else is there to get better at them??
      do the normal articles still count for push-fold stage?
      couldn't find any videos either. is there anywhere else to find some ?( preferably for free. google hasn't been too helpful)

i assume they are beatable even at the lowest stakes with donks calling with any ace or king etc...?
      only playing $2.15 at the moment. huge swings so far. a lot of people making "wrong" moves and calling way too light on bubble/ in the binds.
  • 4 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      people are not pushing/calling nash at the 2 dollar levels, so I wouldn't use the calculator. specially when calling shoves from unknowns I'd go tighter than nash for sure.
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by qnb07
      couldn't find any videos either. is there anywhere else to find some ?
      There's a couple on another training site which I don't think I'm allowed to mention, but they aren't up to much tbh.

i assume they are beatable even at the lowest stakes with donks calling with any ace or king etc...?
      It's not enough to assume they are donks in all game situations calling Ax Kx as sometimes the range that you're shoving actually warrants these kind of calls.

only playing $2.15 at the moment. huge swings so far. a lot of people making "wrong" moves and calling way too light on bubble/ in the binds.
      Huge swings are par for the course unfortunately. The best thing I can recommend is to download sngWiz, learn how to use all of it's functions, learn how to estimate the ranges of your opponents (vv hard @ $2) and get used to having to change them all from the defaults sngWiz provides, keep solid concise notes about questionable plays that you see and review all of your games while your starting out. Religiously.

With this tenacious approach you gain confidence from seeing that you made the right decisions and you stop hesitating over tough spots.

Wish you well
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      The Nash calculator, and ICM Trainer, are great tools. They are not the end of the story, since you can do even better by adjusting your ranges to your opponents' tendencies, but if you are new to super turbos then the Nash ranges are a great place to start. Once you are comfortable with the Nash pushing and calling ranges, you can try to adjust to your opponents based on whether you think they are pushing/calling wider than the Nash ranges or tighter in each situation.

Low stakes super turbos are definitely beatable. You can look up the biggest winners on the Sharkscope leader boards, and they have decent ROIs over large samples.

I plan to make a video on the aggregate ranges observed in some low stakes super turbos. How widely do people actually push for 5 bb from the SB with 6 players left? How widely to they call against a button shove on the bubble? That is the type of data I have extracted from a sample of tournaments.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Unless you have a very strong will super turbos will eventually make you want to stab yourself in the eyes. Variance is way too high and bad beats happens all the time (Full ring)

I would be very interested in the videos as well

GL