This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ multiway

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      Horrible hand, question is not if, but when to give up...

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $4,94
      Hero:
      $8,44
      CO:
      $4,09
      BU:
      $5

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,05, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,22, CO calls $0,22, BU calls $0,22, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,17

Flop: ($0,95) 9:heart: , 7:diamond: , 2:club:
      MP1 checks, Hero raises to $0,30, CO calls $0,30, BU calls $0,30, MP1 calls $0,30.

Turn: ($2,15) 9:diamond: (4 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0,5, CO calls $0,50, BU folds, MP1 raises to $1,50, Hero calls $1,00, CO raises to $3,57 (All-In), MP1 raises to $4,42 (All-In), Hero calls $2,92.

River: ($14,56) 6:diamond: (3 players)

Final Pot: $14,56
  • 3 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      I would have bet/fold turn instead of betting/calling which makes you call with a hand that is way behind.

Also, even if you don't have enough hands on CO to get conclusions, his W$SD is alarming, so seeing him coldcalling everything would make me wonder a little bit.

Your flop raise is way too tiny also. You have an overpair here. It both a strong hand, and very vulnerable to turn and river cards, so protect it! There are 4 opponents, eventual possibility of a straight in the playing zone, so you need protection against this (as well as against the possible A or K of the turn/river). So minimum 3/4 pot. I would bet pot on the flop.

bet/fold flop (with a nearly potsize bet)
      bet/fold turn (with a halfpot size bet)
      would be my line.
      :)
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      On the flop you need to bet more for value

On the turn you can just check fold.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Bet 0.7 on the flop for value (and I think I actually fold to a checkraise).

As played check turn and give up. When 3 people call it's extremely likely at least one of them has a 9 - a bet has negative EV.
      Once you bet and there's a raise you can be 100% sure to be up against either 9x or a full house, so you should definitely fold.