[NL2-NL10] 33 miss, raise to cbet bluff

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      I dont think he hit flop, can I bluff-raise here vs unknown vilain?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $8,34
      CO:
      $5,44

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:heart: , 3:club:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0,15, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,32) J:heart: , T:diamond: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,2, Hero raises to $0,40, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,72
  • 4 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Why check/raise contibet here? First you don't have enough hands on villain to make any asumption about a continuation bet, and if you were to contibet, why not betting right away? you would lose much less money that way.
      And second your reraise flop was not enough! Around 0.8/0.9$ were needed, he had good odds to call with a draw as you played it. (4,5:1 is not enough given the fact that you won't bet again on the turn with your hand, so if he calls he will see the two cards).
    • YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      If I donk bet he can easily call me with AQ, yes its cheaper but I can also win less. I think I have very good chance that he will fold AK, AQ and 44-99 which is good part of his range and I am risking 0.40 to win 0.52, betting more is too risky imo - he is probably not going to fold TPTK or overpair to one raise.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      If you want to check raise flop it's best to raise pot size to give your opponents 2:1 odds in my opinion. So a check raise to $0.52 is a good size. However, the flop actually hits your opponent quite well I think. All broadways have at least a gutshot, plus a flush draw or 98 are in his preflop range.

Over 16 hands you don't have enough information on your opponent to make moves. If you have 100 hands and he cbets 100% of the time but his WTS is low you can check raise flops because he'll fold alot of them.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      First of all we don't know much about him, and a part of his range will definitely continue on this board.
      And secondly as fryandspicy mentioned he will definitely not fold to a minraise, so if you think he missed the board often enough to make a c/r profitable you should make it 0.6-0.7.

But I wouldn't checkraise in the first place. This board does hit some of his range, and even if he only has 2 overs and a gutshot (or something like that) you're almost flipping with him - but if he calls you can not bet the turn, so you end up check/folding a lot.