Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,07
      MP2:
      $8,23

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , J:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,17, MP2 calls $0,17, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0,41) 7:spade: , 4:heart: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, MP2 raises to $0,60, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,91
  • 3 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Yeah it's fine to cbet this board I think. Thinking opponents can see that it misses most of your range, but it misses most of their range too and if they're not too bluffy they'll just fold their broadways or whatever here.
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Contibet here does not need to be more than half a pot. You are totally out of his callin range, except for the sets/overpair which he will not fold against a 2/3 pot more than against a 1/2 pot. And if he bets you can call once with your overcards.

I personnally don't contibets those boards, because a continuation bet is a bluff and a bluff should not be performed every time (otherwise you will get unpleasant surprises such as players reraising EACH of your contibets, making you lose money). So I use those dry boards to lower down the percentage of contibets I make. Moreover you have no value to take here, because unless you hit one of your 6 outs you have nothing to call to the river.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      I'd usually cbet this because I expect to get a lot of folds.
      Most folding hands are worse than ours (which would in general be a reason not to cbet), but if we check we'd c/f - so we actually make a mistake against a lot of hands whereas by betting we avoid making those mistakes and get the opponents equity share to fold.

Your betsizing is fine.

=> Nh!