LP: $7.77
      CO: $12.58
      Hero (BTN): $11.90
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $10.29

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 7:spade: K:spade:

fold, fold, MP calls $0.10, MP+1 calls $0.10, LP calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, MP calls $0.50, MP+1 calls $0.50, fold

Flop: ($2.05, 3 players) Q:club: J:club: A:spade:
      MP checks, MP+1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.05, 3 players) 3:heart:
      MP checks, MP+1 checks, Hero bets $1.20, fold, fold

Hero wins $1.95

I don't know any of the villains and I'm just really not sure of the entire hand. Should I just have folded this preflop?
  • 3 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Fold preflop for me. Limp preflop if there are a lot of calling stations is borderline. A raise is weird, K7 is a bad hand!

Continuation bet on the flop is needed, the flop might have hit your range. Moreover, players limp/called, so the flop might really have missed their range (pocket pairs and SC, except for the flush draws and T9) so it is a good spot for a continuation bet in my opinion.

Turn: mmmh, yes, the same. But why delaying you contibet and giving them a free card?
    • YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      fold pre, as played c-bet flop (this looks like flop where You cannot miss so 1/2 is enough imo)
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      I'd fold preflop if we were in the CO, but on the button I like the raise a lot because we dominate their limping ranges and can play pretty well postflop.
      If they fold we're happy about it, too, because we pick up a lot of deadmoney right away.

As played the check on the flop is fine because we have some outs (gutshot and backdoorstraight) but we cannot really expect to have too much foldequity.

On the turn it's close, but imo since the 3 is a total blank the bet is fine.
      I wouldn't mind checking behind and giving up either.