Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $2.12
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , K:heart:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.06, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.43) 7:heart: , 4:heart: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.28, MP1 calls $0.22.

Turn: ($0.99) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.99) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.99

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows two-pair, tens and sevens (Td Tc)
      Hero shows (As Kh)

MP1 wins with two-pair, tens and sevens (Td Tc)

I raise donk bet on flop, as so often this is a weak bet. Could be a FD or many hands that missed the flop I think.

Turn I think I would bet any high card here, as after villain calls the flop I think a large part of his range is a FD or a pocket pair 88+. With such a blank on the turn I think he will most likely call again?

And river same thing, no worse hand will call and most hands that beat me will. Also I think my Ace has some SD value here.

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Nice hand imo.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      On NL2 I'd generally make it bigger preflop because I expect to get called a lot - the bigger bet is for value.

On the flop I like to put in a raise as well because I expect to get a lot of folds.
      Also I want to find out how he reacts to the raise (make a note about what he does!) and lastly we could even be raising for value vs some kind of FD.

Once he calls I'd also check down, after all we have some SD-value but we're proably not getting any better hand to fold.