How not to look on cashier? (only FTP)

• Proky11
      Proky11
      Bronze
      This is just for Full Tilt players.

I agree that CG players can simply play and dont look on cashier unless they hit that button but we sng players while we are playing and registring for new tourneys the pop up registration window is showing us our avaliable cash amount.

Is there any way how to overlook this? Becasue I am trying not to look but its impossible not to see the amount...

:s_confused:
  • 24 replies
    • godders248
      godders248
      Bronze
      The easiest way i find is shut my eyes so i can only just make out the box to click register ok then click off it this way i never see how much i have in there. Hope helps in some way!!! i dont no of any other way tbh

Godders248
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Start playing CG's? =)
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      I just auto-pilot click and don't even remember the $ amount...

I'm pretty sure I forget, because I check the cashier very often after that :f_biggrin:
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      tableninja_FT + autoregister for sng= win?
    • Proky11
      Proky11
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      tableninja_FT + autoregister for sng= win?
      Not so sure. I tried that function today and It didnt work.
      The registration pop-up window was clicked automatically by that script but I had to click manually on buy-in amount...
      However, option "Automatically close registration result pop up" is very useful.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      i just trained myself to look away as soon as i click register. ninja will pop the balance up for maybe 0.5seconds while it regs but once u get used to looking away its pretty easy to do
    • Tibovw
      Tibovw
      Bronze
      Quick thought:

Find the correct image in your gamefolders and mod it with a black box above the $$$ .

Then keep the right one so you can always change it back.

Pretty advanced tho :P
    • Proky11
      Proky11
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tibovw
      Quick thought:

Find the correct image in your gamefolders and mod it with a black box above the $$$ .

Then keep the right one so you can always change it back.

Pretty advanced tho :P
      Yeah it is. I browsed through all folders and I couldnt find correct box/image...
    • Ickki
      Ickki
      Bronze
      I didn't even realise you could see your balance this way.

Pretend you don't either. :-)
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by godders248
      The easiest way i find is shut my eyes so i can only just make out the box to click register ok then click off it this way i never see how much i have in there. Hope helps in some way!!! i dont no of any other way tbh

Godders248
      I once tried to click through it with closed eyes and ended up playing cashgame NL5000 and winning 2 stacks when opening my eyes.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Put some tape on your screen at right place.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      send your BR to me. ill look after it for u..... :P
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Proky11

:s_confused:
      Your confused!

I am even more confused!

What is the point of this thread?

Why does it matter if you see your balance?
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jass1960
      It can have negative effect on your game, in both cases, when you see that you won a lot and when you lost a lot.
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      It can have negative effect on your game, in both cases, when you see that you won a lot and when you lost a lot.

If you are using good BRM I wouldn't have thought it was a problem. And I don't need to look at cashier I know within a few dollars exactly where I stand.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze

If you are using good BRM I wouldn't have thought it was a problem. And I don't need to look at cashier I know within a few dollars exactly where I stand.
      It's not about BRM and being afraid of going broke.

Here are two examples:
      1) You have 100 BIs for limit you play and you lost 1 BI
      1) You have 10,000 BIs for limit you play and you lost 100 BI

In both cases, you lost 1% of your bankroll, but the psychological effect of a loss is wayyy bigger in case #2. Same applies if you won, you can become overconfident and make some mistakes too. Even tho, winning has way smaller emotional effect than losing.
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze

It's not about BRM and being afraid of going broke.

Here are two examples:
      1) You have 100 BIs for limit you play and you lost 1 BI
      1) You have 10,000 BIs for limit you play and you lost 100 BI

In both cases, you lost 1% of your bankroll, but the psychological effect of a loss is wayyy bigger in case #2. Same applies if you won, you can become overconfident and make some mistakes too. Even tho, winning has way smaller emotional effect than losing.

Not trying to be difficult......

.....but, I don't get it!!!

If you have 10.000 BI for a limit I would have thought losing 1% would affect you less (not more) than in scenario 1, cos you are so massively over rolled for the limit it would be a drop in the ocean!

And also if you are losing you shouldn't need the cashier to confirm it - e.g you are playing 6 tables sets and none get past the half-way point - do you need the cashier to confirm you losing - I don't think so!
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      those examples are ofc extreme and i agree that you know when you're losing, it's just psychologically tough to see how much you lost. Also, as i know OP is 16tabling so it's not that super easy to calculate how much you lost if you get some ITM :) Also, i think OP doesn't want to look at cashier for week or more (need confirmation :) ) and for longer time periods, you will just forget the numbers, how much you're up or down. At least, you will stop counting that at some point. Which means that your results will have 0 impact to your game and it's obv +EV
    • Proky11
      Proky11
      Bronze
      @Bigniux: yes, I completely agree with you.

@Jass: u didnt read about cashier issues yet? Its described in many poker books and good players understand why its important.

Quote from one book:

I am one of the few people I know in online poker who does not look at the cashier until the end of the month.

I just dont see the advantage in looking. If I am playing well, there is a good chance I ll become protective of my money, just as a football team that is ahead might go into a prevent defense...

By not looking at the cashier, I stay commited to the thought process and what I am trying to achieve. Results have been known to interfere with that thought process. Those who are running really badly, for example, might go up in stakes to chase their losses.