Hero ($16.50)
      UTG ($102.55)
      UTG+1 ($93.00)
      MP1 ($101.50)
      MP2 ($86.05)
      MP3 ($96.80)
      CO ($76.50)
      Button ($74.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:heart: , 7:club: .
      3 folds, MP2 calls $1, 3 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($3) 5:spade: , 7:spade: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, MP2 calls $3, SB folds.

Turn: ($9) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, MP2 raises to $15, Hero calls $6.50 (All-In).

River: ($36.50) Q:club: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $36.50

I floped two pairs on a very dangerous boars and decided to protect it with a potsize bet. On the turn I just didn`t have time to find enough reasons to fold... while flop definatelly gave me some hints... It is not the first hand were I am forced to make a tough decisions with two pairs.

After this hand I decided to recall what I know about two pairs. Recently, i have read Phil Gordon`s Green Little book and I remebered that there was a nice explanation on flopping 2 pairs. I`ll quote one sentence:

While it may seem counterintuitive, I am most vulnerable when I flop top and bottom pair. Why? because my opponent with a top pair or overpair has an extra out.

I wouldn`t say that knowing this will force me to fold, but I guess it's a good hint to have in mind when flopping two pairs.

PS. I am oficially NL 100 player :) But i`ll keep playing both limits for a while, since Nl50 went really well for me)
  • 6 replies
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Kinda similar hand that my K9 2 pairs.

Its probably a big stack way of seeing things to think about reraise after turn fits to the flop, and flop caller reraise on turn ...

Dont know, maybe i could push flop, even its overbet, maybe here push flop, overbet, than dont have to make decision on turn ...
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      very ugly situation but i don´t think i would be able to fold it ^^
      nh imo
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Utahmar, yeah, its kinda similar, but you had top and middle pair and I have top and bottom... so you had the best one and I had the worst one))
      i don`t know, push flop doesn`t seem as strong play, but in this case it was definately the best option (knowing his cards)
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Since MP2 called preflop here first in, I only see him reraising here with 66, a Set, A9s in spade or suited connectors that give him a better 2 pair. But this I often would have raised on the flop.

So its tough what to do here. check/call isn´t really an option in my opinion. Bet/Call neither, since only better hand would raise you here. Maybe blockbetting with $3 here is a good option. Against Overcards or marginal hands you should have enough fold equity. And if he raises, you still can fold. And if he calls, you might can check it down on the river.

Really tough and ugly situation. See that call on the turn as information. I guess he had 66 or a Set here. Let me know what he had, please.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Ks 6s :D

I was actually putting him on two spades, but I couldn`t think about combo draw...
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Wouldn´t have put him on that hand, but its not changing my judgement call here. ;)