[NL2-NL10] NL Rush 8Jo

• samlar
      I do the standard reraise on SB limp, but he calls. So I have TP and I thought he had 10x, Jx but was leaning more towards the flush draw so I 3bet him on the flop but he calls and 10 came up... should I have fired again or just give up after that call like I did?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, J.
      7 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.4) 3, T, J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.00, SB calls $1.40.

Turn: ($4.4) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.4) K (2 players)
      SB bets $1.76, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.4.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello samlar,

Preflop: Depends what kind of the opponent is? Is he some kind of loose or is he able to fold to such raise. Against loose opponents I don't really like to raise here up, just play against them in smaller pots, since we will never know where we stand postflop.

As played
      Flop: Your raising doesn't make sense, you are just turning your hand into bluff, what's your plan if he reraises you again? You can't go broke here, since he is going broke himself likely with a lot better hand. Therefore I'd either fold it right here and don't fight over the pot since our hand ain't that strong. Or other option if that guy is really that aggressive then just Call him and play further streets, what's likely not that often the case, he will have a better hand here most of the time, unless you have some better reads.

As played
      Turn: Likely going for pot control is the best line, we don't want to face a Check/Raise here.
      River: Most of the time you are behind here but your play doesn't make sense either, for example if there would come card like 3 :diamond: what would be your plan, would you Call his bet?

Best regards.