This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQ vs Qx

• crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $6.56
      Hero:
      $4.85
      UTG1:
      $3.68
      MP1:
      $1.92
      BU:
      $2.11

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.94 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0.05, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 3 folds, BU calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, Hero raises to $0.25, 3 folds, SB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) Q:club: , 3:heart: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.55, SB raises to $1.10, Hero calls $0.55.

Turn: ($2.85) T:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.85) 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls $1.00.

Final Pot: $4.85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows (Qh 8h)
      Hero shows two-pair, queens and threes (As Qd)

Hero wins with two-pair, queens and threes (As Qd)

i was thinking he have Qx..but check on turn ..bet on river for value..now i see that i could raise on turn to protect from flush and make biger raise on river,about 3/4...i play this hand very bad ....how to correct play this?

ty
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello crodady,

Preflop: Raise is too small, I'd make it ~$0.50, since so many limpers and being OOP.

As played
      Flop: As long they could easily just min-raise here with only Qx type of hands and what I have seen often I'd also Call, not in many ranges is 3x type of hand.
      Turn: Going for pot control is a good idea, since we don't want to face Check/Raise and there is not much to protect from.
      River: Bet for value, he will often have a bluff here or just a weaker Qx or PP type of hand.

Best regards.