rakeback for 100 ftp playing different forms of poker

• mihaidonos
      mihaidonos
      Bronze
      Hi! Can someone please explain how much rakeback you get for 100ftp by playing SNG & MTT? (and also write down the formula)

I know for example that for ring games you get 3$ for 100ftp:

100 / 9 x 0.27 = 3$

Or SH:

100 / 6 x 0.27 = 4.5

thanks in advance!
  • 7 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      you get 10 ftp per $1 dollar raked at tourneys.

so you need $10 dollars to make 100ftps -> you get $2.7 in rakeback
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks alejandrosh.

@mihaidonos: For cashgame you cannot make this calculation, because there the calculation for points and rake is different.

Cheers,
      Hannes
    • mihaidonos
      mihaidonos
      Bronze
      I guarantee you that i'm right regarding the cashgame rakeback. Can someone please confirm?

Everybody puts money in the pot, therefore everyone gets the same amount of points => Divide 100/9 (if it's full ring).
      For 100 pints -> 10$ of rake paid. Multiply by 0.27 and you get 3$.

I was surprised that you get a lower amount of rakeback playing sngs...

I did the same calculation as alejandrosh did, but i am convinced that you get more rakeback if you make the 100 ftps playing SNG, MTT than by playing cash games/ rush etc....
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      RB uses contributed rake(for sure) whereas FTPs are still awarded by dealt rake(I think). Thus you cant calculate RB from how many FTP you get. If you use HEM or PT3 you can figure out your rakeback, but thats the only way I know for sure.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      At cash games ftps are dealt but gross rake weighted contributed which means depending to your style your rakeback/ftp will be different.

I'm sure I'm 100% right in the tournaments calculation.

The only thing you could do to know your rakeback/ftp at your current cash games is with strategy points. 2 sp = $0.27 in rakeback, you can look at the ironman challenge how many base ftps did you make at that day and have an estimation
    • mihaidonos
      mihaidonos
      Bronze
      "RB uses contributed rake(for sure) whereas FTPs are still awarded by dealt rake"

I didn't knew that.

Thanks for the help!
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      No problem. :f_cool:

Its actually weighted contributed as alejandrosh said in his post above. I'm not sure exactly how the system works anymore. :f_confused: