Reraising with small pockets

• InspectorClueso
      InspectorClueso
      Bronze
      I had 66 in CO position. 8-handed table, microlimits. A few limpers, guy before me raises. Normally I'd just call - this time I thought why not reraise to try and get heads up. Everybody folded, including the initial raiser. I was so surprised I thought I'd post this :)

I don't think anyone was particularly scared of me at the table or anything. Anyway, it's a strange one to me.

I think I'll reraise more preflop with small pockets.

What do you guys think?

Hang on, I see 66 is a 3-bet on the shorthanded chart. I guess I've just learned something.

So it's kind of a rule never to just call a raise with small pockets shorthanded? Either fold or 3 bet? Is that right?

Okay I see this shorthanded strategy article covers all this with the 1 raise and 1 raise and 1 call chart, but its very terse and brief. So I guess finally what this post is about is to say let's have a more indepth, discussed version of the Jump on to Shorthanded! article for Silver level please!
  • 4 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by InspectorClueso
      I had 66 in CO position. 8-handed table, microlimits. A few limpers, guy before me raises. Normally I'd just call - this time I thought why not reraise to try and get heads up. Everybody folded, including the initial raiser. I was so surprised I thought I'd post this :)
      i think this won´t happen to often ^^. and what is the raiser doing ? he is getting about 1000 to 1 on a call ;)
      in this situation it´s best to just call for set value. normally nobody will fold to your raise and if you don´t hit your set (which will happen quite often ;) ) your hand is nearly worthless against serveral players. so just try to see a flop as cheap as possible.

I don't think anyone was particularly scared of me at the table or anything. Anyway, it's a strange one to me.
      i agree. really strange :D

I think I'll reraise more preflop with small pockets.
      What do you guys think?
      i think you should stick to the shc :)

Hang on, I see 66 is a 3-bet on the shorthanded chart. I guess I've just learned something.
      So it's kind of a rule never to just call a raise with small pockets shorthanded? Either fold or 3 bet? Is that right?
      as you mentioned below: it´s not :)
      with more than 1 player in the pot you can often call for set value even when it´s sh.

Okay I see this shorthanded strategy article covers all this with the 1 raise and 1 raise and 1 call chart, but its very terse and brief. So I guess finally what this post is about is to say let's have a more indepth, discussed version of the Jump on to Shorthanded! article for Silver level please!
      mh i have to admit that i like the charts the way they are right now. there is a more elaborate preflop article in the gold section which covers all this stuff :)
      for beginners (total beginners/sh beginners) they charts are easy to understand and a good start imho :)
    • InspectorClueso
      InspectorClueso
      Bronze
      Thanks frzl.

I don't mean change the chart I just mean more detailed discussion of the chart - more examples etc. i guess I'll have to Gold level for that.

Chow
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      ah ok. yeah i also read it in the german forum a view times that many people have some problems with the silver chart.
      but as always:
      just ask if you´re not sure about something or post a sample hand :)
    • gustamaneh
      gustamaneh
      Bronze
      well im not saying anyone should do this, but... ive recently seen rounders, and ive been following something that i heard matt daimon saying.
      maybe im doing this because i already like to play agressively.
      well he said " when ur hand i good enough to call, raise"
      im not telling u to do this, but ive been winning some money preflop even when someone already raised
      cya