[NL2-NL10] Nl2 MP1 AJ

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:heart: , J:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.08, CO calls $0.08, BU folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.34) K:spade: , J:club: , 6:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $0.06, SB folds, Hero calls $0.06, MP3 calls $0.06.

Turn: ($0.52) J:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.80, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $1.57

Called the tiny flop bet. Guess he's giving me ok odds to hit either an A, J or Q. J may even be good.

Now on turn I wasn't sure what to do. I'm sure I'm ahead here and if this had been heads up I would most likely call CO's bet on the turn and hope he fires again and feels commited with a K or worse J.

On the other hand there is still MP3 to act behind me and he could very well have a draw that I don't particularly want getting 4:1 odds if I call.

Whats best play here?

• 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello Jeffers16,

The problem lies on the opponent stacks and also being in multiway pot. Although we are getting the equity but I wouldn't really put myself into hard spots, for example if we even hit our A, we still could be drawing dead because for some the A could give a straight. Just putting myself into trouble spots. I like the turn, ain't giving him odds for a Call and likely getting value from Kx type of hands.

Best regards.3
    • Alficor1
      I think raising is fine, because its NL2 and i think there is no force in this world that would get an NL2 player to fold a top pair..:) (i've tried that many times though:f_biggrin: )