Minimum post requirements

• gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Hi,
      This staking forum seems like it's been good so far, but there are definitely some... dubious... characters in here too.
      I don't think PokerStrategy members are foolish enough to be tricked by scammers, but all the same, perhaps it might be a good idea to have some requirement along the lines of "you must have a minimum number of ___ posts in PokerStrategy forums in order to post in the Staking thread", or something to this effect.
      Might weed out some of these "Hi i am good player please stake me $500 this is good deal plz promise very good return" (Number of posts: 2, Number of community friends: 0) types.

Just a suggestion :)
  • 8 replies
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Yeah, that's a very nice idea to have staking forum here. But there should be some rules. As much as i know, asking for money is not allowed in the forums(not asking for a stake, but for 1$ or so) and some threads here just seems as the other way people are asking for $.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ye i totaly agree ive seen a few dodgy people i wouldn't stake but i don't think requirements are neccassary because we are all smart enough not to invest in a broken subject, but its still a good idea nonetheless
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      i wouldn't totally agree that we are ALL smart enough, there might be some persons who won't be ;) They can mostly be affected by small stakes. And, i believe, that Pokerstrategy.com wants to protect their members(i know, that they are not responsible in any way talking about staking). But PS.com has a great reputation and having safe staking forum would be great for such site :)
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      what I would always love to see in here, a reputation system, where you can give rep to anybody, based on a comment or action on the forum, and you could make requirements based on rep. and you cant spam rep to somebody, u can give it once only. thats a nice way of checking ppl who are active, and not just scammers..
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Originally posted by OZSA
      what I would always love to see in here, a reputation system, where you can give rep to anybody, based on a comment or action on the forum, and you could make requirements based on rep. and you cant spam rep to somebody, u can give it once only. thats a nice way of checking ppl who are active, and not just scammers..
      I believe these feedback threads are the first way to get some sort of rep going, which is good obviously. I do feel sorry for the guys who are trying to set up honest, goodlooking deals, who might be overlooked by the above mentioned reasons (amateuristic staking applications, possible scammers). I hope to be seen as the first, not the latter :p

Either way, this staking forum is great, with decent moderation (as it is now) threads that do not comply with the rules are quickly closed, so all is good.

I do hope no one gets caught being scammed though!
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      pogodon has sexy rep weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

im putting in a staking application
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      ye a rep system is a really good idea, it works really well on another forum that im a member of.
      also im not sure if i just havent found it yet but maybe a little box on the homepage to see who has quoted your message in a thread.
      ignore errors in spelling and grammer :)
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I think the feedback threads are actually superior to a reputation system. With the feedback system, you have to actually read the content to get an idea of the potential stakee.
      A reputation can be superficial.

On the topic of restrictions.
      We leave the decision of who to stake to you our members and actually give the tip to be careful. So I see no real need of restricting by post count or status.