This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Minimum post requirements

• gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Hi,
      This staking forum seems like it's been good so far, but there are definitely some... dubious... characters in here too.
      I don't think PokerStrategy members are foolish enough to be tricked by scammers, but all the same, perhaps it might be a good idea to have some requirement along the lines of "you must have a minimum number of ___ posts in PokerStrategy forums in order to post in the Staking thread", or something to this effect.
      Might weed out some of these "Hi i am good player please stake me $500 this is good deal plz promise very good return" (Number of posts: 2, Number of community friends: 0) types.

Just a suggestion :)
  • 8 replies
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Yeah, that's a very nice idea to have staking forum here. But there should be some rules. As much as i know, asking for money is not allowed in the forums(not asking for a stake, but for 1$ or so) and some threads here just seems as the other way people are asking for $.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ye i totaly agree ive seen a few dodgy people i wouldn't stake but i don't think requirements are neccassary because we are all smart enough not to invest in a broken subject, but its still a good idea nonetheless
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      i wouldn't totally agree that we are ALL smart enough, there might be some persons who won't be ;) They can mostly be affected by small stakes. And, i believe, that Pokerstrategy.com wants to protect their members(i know, that they are not responsible in any way talking about staking). But PS.com has a great reputation and having safe staking forum would be great for such site :)
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      what I would always love to see in here, a reputation system, where you can give rep to anybody, based on a comment or action on the forum, and you could make requirements based on rep. and you cant spam rep to somebody, u can give it once only. thats a nice way of checking ppl who are active, and not just scammers..
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Originally posted by OZSA
      what I would always love to see in here, a reputation system, where you can give rep to anybody, based on a comment or action on the forum, and you could make requirements based on rep. and you cant spam rep to somebody, u can give it once only. thats a nice way of checking ppl who are active, and not just scammers..
      I believe these feedback threads are the first way to get some sort of rep going, which is good obviously. I do feel sorry for the guys who are trying to set up honest, goodlooking deals, who might be overlooked by the above mentioned reasons (amateuristic staking applications, possible scammers). I hope to be seen as the first, not the latter :p

Either way, this staking forum is great, with decent moderation (as it is now) threads that do not comply with the rules are quickly closed, so all is good.

I do hope no one gets caught being scammed though!
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      pogodon has sexy rep weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

im putting in a staking application
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      ye a rep system is a really good idea, it works really well on another forum that im a member of.
      also im not sure if i just havent found it yet but maybe a little box on the homepage to see who has quoted your message in a thread.
      ignore errors in spelling and grammer :)
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I think the feedback threads are actually superior to a reputation system. With the feedback system, you have to actually read the content to get an idea of the potential stakee.
      A reputation can be superficial.

On the topic of restrictions.
      We leave the decision of who to stake to you our members and actually give the tip to be careful. So I see no real need of restricting by post count or status.