[NL2-NL10] NL2 QQ facing cbet in 3bet pot

• zxc2323
      zxc2323
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Villain had played 10 hands before this, at 40/20. I have a few questions:

1. It's not entirely clear by the PS articles what to do with QQ and AK when our preflop raise is 3betted. Normally I shove vs short stacks and call in position vs larger stacks. What's best at 2NL?
      2. Assuming we're not folding, when are we getting the money in? Preflop, flop, or as played? I figured raising all-in on the flop would scare out some of the hands that I beat.

I called flop at the last second, while deciding to call/raise all-in on the turn. I think this has the most EV vs 88-JJ and bluffs, because it looked weak. At the time though, I was worried he had KK/AA. I didn't think a set was likely.

--

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $1.64
      MP1:
      $0.75
      MP2:
      $1.88
      MP3:
      $2.16
      CO (Hero):
      $2.25
      BU:
      $1.87
      SB:
      $2.17

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.17.

Flop: ($0.51) 6, 7, 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.11) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.09, Hero calls $1.09.

River: ($3.29) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.29.

Thanks for replies :)

Edit: Now that I think about it more, a smaller bet on the turn would've showed more strength than the all-in because he's scared of scaring me off when he has a high overpair / set.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello zxc2323,

1. It's not entirely clear by the PS articles what to do with QQ and AK when our preflop raise is 3betted. Normally I shove vs short stacks and call in position vs larger stacks. What's best at 2NL?

As you can see this opponent even doesn't have a full stack, therefore you shouldn't be that scared here. Also QQ is mostly broke on NL2 anyways, only against nits I'd fold there. AK is kinda dangerous hand, it could be easily overplayed and also has a lot of leaks in it, therefore I wouldn't play it that aggressively, depending on the opponents.

2. Assuming we're not folding, when are we getting the money in? Preflop, flop, or as played? I figured raising all-in on the flop would scare out some of the hands that I beat.

As right now, it's safer to get it in preflop, since what we gonna do if an A or K comes? Will be hard to continue.

And as you understand then you can likely even see that getting in preflop is the best play here. :) Otherwise against such station I'd just ship it on flop ain't that wrong since we don't really want to see any overcards on turn and then swear about us slowplaying but of course against some aggressors such line is also pickable.

Best regards.
    • zxc2323
      zxc2323
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz,

I'll 4bet shove next time I have QQ facing a 3bet (alongside KK/AA), unless we're super deep, and I'll call AK in position or fold, depending on the opponent and stacks.

In the above hand villain had JJ
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by zxc2323
      Thanks Veriz,

I'll 4bet shove next time I have QQ facing a 3bet (alongside KK/AA), unless we're super deep, and I'll call AK in position or fold, depending on the opponent and stacks.

In the above hand villain had JJ
      Easy money. :f_cool: And you are welcome!