Hero ($18.85)
      BB ($11.50)
      UTG ($60.45)
      UTG+1 ($47.30)
      UTG+2 ($151.50)
      MP1 ($107.55)
      MP2 ($104.60)
      MP3 ($15.30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:club: , Q:spade: .
      UTG calls $1, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls $1, 1 fold, MP2 calls $1, 3 folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($5) 7:club: , 9:diamond: , 2:heart: (5 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $1, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, Hero folds, BB calls $1.

Turn: ($7) T:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $3, BB folds.

Final Pot: $10

Well, I posted this hand because it was the first time I played tighter then chart suggests. It's not true because I usually limp 77-88 when there are some limpers, especially UTG guys. But I am still concerned, because I never did it on lower limits (with KQ). Basically, if I rise and conti bet it could give me a pot... at least it worked on the lower limits.
      So I am thinking whether I made a good conservative play here, or just got scared)
  • 4 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      mh i often catch myself doing the same thing ^^
      there was a similar situation in the german advanced caching yesterday. karlo (the coach) said that he would normally raise KQo oop against some limpers within a heartbeat... only if he has special reads, that somebody likes to limp monsters, he completes/checks.

so you are playing at ongame... how does the sss work there ? are there many tables at nl100 ? do they have a good software for multitabeling ? how good/bad are the opponents ? how fast does the mansion bonus clear (i assume that you play at mansion ;) )
      sry for off topic and the load of questions ^^
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hmm, I guess I have to get used to the new limit then) Logically, if it worked for me on NL 50, why shouldn`t it work on NL 100, still low limit)

About Mansion... SSS works fine there, very few shortstacks and even less real shortstacks. There are a lot of NL 100$ tables... I could play two 12 table sessions today (selective tables >15$ average). It also depends on a daytime... At the moment I am typing there about 25 NL 100$ tables, but only 12 NL 200...

Software is different story... You can not adjust table size, you can only choose between big tables and mini tables. The size of mini table is almost the same as the lowest possible size of PP tables and after some brainstorming I managed to fit 12 tables on 15' laptop display)) It's hardcore, but I got used to it very fast and played already about 30k hands like that))

PA HUD works very bad with ongame... you have to restart it after you open a new table... so i am restarting it 5 times during the session) PA HUD pop-up window doesn`t work at all, but developer said that he is working on it (for the last couple of years probably)

There is no table selection tools for on game... actually there is one, but I couldn`t get trial license for it to test it.. I`ll try it again later. But you can classify players there (6 different signs, which are also displayed near players names from the lobby, so searching through tables you can find players you want)

No buddy list (again might be sloved with additional software)

And also re-buy system is quite "innovative" - you have to sit out to re-buy)) It took me a while to figure out how to re-buy without waiting for BB afterwards) But in general it is possible to multitable on Mansion... just need time to get used to it, but nothing that critical...

Competition is very soft, I think softer then on PP. But I haven`t played that much on other rooms...

I cleared mine quite fast, even on lower limits... But if you play on NL 100, you can clear your 100% to 500 bonus quite fast. You can read about the bonus system on their website...

They aslo offer some bonuses from time to time once in two weeks or something... You have to play certain ammount of points and get money (25 or 50) or entry ticket to guaranteed tournament (from 5k to 150k)...
      those are also quite easy clearable...

If you have any other questions - feel free to ask )
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      ah thanks :D
      good answers :)
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I sometimes complete KQ from SB, and even check the BB depending on the number of limpers, and who I know they are.

Mostly though, if you are going to play it, don't treat it differently just because it is one level higher. Most of the time, you will fold most/all of the limpers, and take the pot down, or play HU, where a contibet is just as likely to work. Have faith.

EDIT: Though of course, that is BSS, I'm not sure how KQ is treated under SSS anymore.