A new beginning

• Iceboyro
      Iceboyro
      Bronze
      Actually this is my second new beginning, but it's the first one I'm telling you about. In the moment of speaking I am very angry and disappointed, but this is the reason that made me to start this blog so is one step forward.

Anyway let's start...

About Me

My name is George, I'm 26 years old, I do have a permanent job as a firefighter officer and I started to play poker to win money, but I also I like it because is a thinking game.

Poker History

I have been playing poker for only 3 months and unfortunately I don't have high results yet (I'm still trying to beat NL2), but for sure i did learn something about this game since I have started.

I started with free 50$ from pokerstrategy on FullTilt, grew untill 90$ and lost it all in time (half of BR because of tilt).
      I also got some other 25$ from some other site on PartyPoker, where I'm currently playing, made 63$ bankroll, and right now i have 47$.

Have been many moments of tilt for me, but I consider myself a patient person and I don't like to quit. I started to read "The Poker Mindset" book and that helped me a lot to understand my expectations in poker, the variance and the right attitude.

For the moment I want to see poker as an alternative source of money, but this shouldn't be my primary goal because I want to focus on playing the best.

The problems

Yes. There are some problems. Actually I think I have big leaks and I want to correct them.Now I can face the variance, the downswings in poker, but I want to be sure that i'm taking the right decisions in every moment.

The Plan

I must set myself some goals in order to succeed. As I said the goals won't be money related.

-------------------------------
      Short Term Goals <2 weeks>

» Finish reading "The Poker Mindset"
      » Re-read all BSS articles from bronze
      » Re-read all psychology articles from bronze
      » Watch all the videos from NL2-NL5, FR

--------------------------------
      Permanent Goals

Always read a poker book
      Take most of the coaching lessons for microlimits BSS
      Post unclear hands for evaluation after every session
      Write my evolution on the blog
      Play as best as possible

List will be updated soon with more goals.

Feel free to comment, advise, criticise.. I will take in consideration all your opinions and I am thanking you in advance.

P.S. This blog is a little bit inspired from Gabinr1's blog, who is my friend and mentor in the same time. I also want to thank him for showing me that nothing is impossible and I wish him good luck in achieving his goals.
  • 1 reply
    • Iceboyro
      Iceboyro
      Bronze
      I mention in the beginning that I'm angry and disappointed of myself. Last session I lost 5$ because of bad beats like KK vs AA, but also because of stupid play like this:

Party, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP1: $3.51
      MP2: $2
      CO: $2.03
      BTN: $2
      Hero (SB): $2.05
      BB: $2
      UTG: $2.34
      UTG+1: $2.18
      UTG+2: $4.10

Pre-Flop: Q:club: Q:spade: dealt to Hero (SB)
      4 folds, MP2 raises to $0.08, CO raises to $0.16, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.15, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.50) K:club: 8:spade: 5:club: (3 Players)
      Hero bets $0.36, MP2 folds, CO calls $0.36

Turn: ($1.22) 8:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.42, CO calls $0.42

River: ($2.06) 8:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.09 and is All-In, Hero calls $1.09

Results: $4.24 Pot ($0.21 Rake)
      CO showed K:heart: K:diamond: and WON $4.03 (+$2 NET)
      Hero showed Q:club: Q:spade: and LOST (-$2.02 NET)

That was bad call.

I think I shouldn't have let the pot growing that much and fold to any 3bet.

I also don't know how much to bet when I have TPGK and there is flush draw on the board because I want to control the pot, but in the same time I want to protect myself against the flush.