This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

QJo - passive defense on SB

• funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi guys. I am reviewing my game and it seems that QJo is not working well for me in defense. Especially on SB.

Would you or not advise passive call with QJo vs BU/CO or?

It seems I fail to extract any value when I hit, but loose significantly when I hit, but villain hits stronger... TP vs set, etc.

On the other hand QJ should dominate enough of the hands in BU and CO opening range.

Funktor
  • 3 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      try checkraising ur toppairs for value while widening ur general c/r bluffing range too imo
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      From SB i tend to play it as a 3b or fold hand for the most part because you gonna get squeezed quite a bit as well as BB might just call and you gonna end up in gayest position ever 3way w hand that will get dominated very often once you hit and get lots of heat.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      From SB i tend to play it as a 3b or fold hand for the most part because you gonna get squeezed quite a bit as well as BB might just call and you gonna end up in gayest position ever 3way w hand that will get dominated very often once you hit and get lots of heat.
      +1

I think calling OOP puts you in a difficult spot more often than not.