Guess on any real or fictional character and this guy guesses it right

• arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      Hey Guys! My friend introduced me to this iphone app called the "akinator" which is basically a 21 questions game where the software asks leading questions about a character, real or fictional that u are thinking about and then after a couple of questions guesses it.

The sick thing about this is that he gets it right almost every time. So, I'm creating this thread to make u guys aware of this app, and since I found it on the web for free, I came up with a fun thing also. You can play it and try the weirdest characters that are at least partially known and post the results here if he gets them right. Remember not to think about ur unknown friend or something like that. I've tried a lot of poker players and he got them all right. So guys, write your weirdest guess that the akinator got right.

Mine is: Wirt, the peg-legged boy from the diablo games. Pretty fucked up that he guessed it.

http://en.akinator.com/#

Have fun with it, it's a real timewaster
  • 24 replies
    • Epitaph
      Epitaph
      Bronze
      he failed twice on both Misha Mansoor (lead guitarrist from Periphery) and Muhammed Suicmez (lead guit. from Necrophagist)... pretty weak... the german version knew both.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      He can actually find Korn, founder of our little poker school here ;)
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      It found out tom Dwan in 21 guesses.... Question number 5 was "Is he a poker player?" rigged
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      Just did big brunson :)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      It has a bit of a gap around well known New Zealand musicians.
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      There is no such thing as well known new Zealand musicians :D the thing is that the database that he searches from is based from other people guessing. So when u guess and he doesn't find it, u can add it to the database, and then the next time someone answers the questions like you did, he will find this person. It's far from perfect, but some things that it finds really surprises me.
    • Epitaph
      Epitaph
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arisko
      There is no such thing as well known new Zealand musicians :D the thing is that the database that he searches from is based from other people guessing. So when u guess and he doesn't find it, u can add it to the database, and then the next time someone answers the questions like you did, he will find this person. It's far from perfect, but some things that it finds really surprises me.
      flight of the conchords!!!! some famous new zealand musicians right there!
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Epitaph
      Yep, that's the ones I wanted to point out. And that about covers it, no?
    • Epitaph
      Epitaph
      Bronze
      pretty much yeah ;)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hah, Phil Galfond on second guess. First time he gave me durrrr :D
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      dude no way!!!! how the hell did he make the right guess? wtf I was so sure he'd miss it - but nooo: Yip Man (Wing Chun master) he got it right, man, sick sick, I dont get it how...there are hundreds who fit that profile, yet he got the precise one I was thinking of, insane
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hadi
      Originally posted by Epitaph
      Yep, that's the ones I wanted to point out. And that about covers it, no?
      Just for starters (btw turn up to 11):

• jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Neural networks! :f_thumbsup:
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      He didn't know Amarillo Slim :f_mad:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Nor Vanessa Selbst, probably should've said NO when he asked if that person is a girl
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Dr. Karl Kruszelnicki (Scientist)

[x] fail
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      well, the program knows:

charles darwin
      Paul
      Akinator
      a ghost
      elisabeth I.
      my mother
      lu xiaobo

but did not know reiji okazaki yet.
      and thinks of hannelore kraft insead of hannelore kohl
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      ...i just cant beat it:D
      it even knows billy boy!
    • Tscek
      Tscek
      Bronze
      Wow, pretty sick.
      I tried Gandhi, Phil Hellmuth, Vaclav Havel (former cz president), Earl (My name is Earl) and Mirek Topolanek (former cz prime minister) and he got all of those correct. And he got Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande (Neverwinter Nights) on second try after guessing some chick from Dragon quest 5. Well, I told him she is blond, which probably wasn't correct. Really nice.