This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SB Q9s blibat

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      Is second barrel ok? As played is calling river ok? rush, villain unknown.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $14,17
      BB:
      $3,85

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0,15, BB calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,30) T:spade: , T:club: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,2, BB calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,70) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,4, BB calls $0,40.

River: ($1,50) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0,6, Hero calls $0,60.

Final Pot: $2,70

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qd 9d)
      BB shows a full-house, tens full of aces (Jc Th)

BB wins with a full-house, tens full of aces (Jc Th)
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Trying with c-bet is ok, but when he calls you he tells you he has sth.
      A on the turn looks good card to 2nd barrel but when he calls even that you must know that he's not on a flush draw.
      River is somewhat tricky...if you put him on some pair your Q is ok, but that's all you can beat. The flush got there, K high is beating you,...He played his line pretty strong and his river bet is really value looking.

I would c-bet flop, c/f turn.
      Especially against unknown it's unnecessary to lose your money in such bad positions.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello YourDoom,

The ace is pretty good card for a 2nd barrel but it doesn't mean that you always have to 2nd barrel there. I often prefer to take such lines against known opponents but of course your line is fine. But I would likely just Check/Fold river, since I don't know the opponent either flush even beats us and he could even easily have K high there. Against some specific opponents that line could be even considerable.

Best regards.