[NL2-NL10] SB Q9s blibat

• YourDoom
      Is second barrel ok? As played is calling river ok? rush, villain unknown.

Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0,15, BB calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,30) T:spade: , T:club: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,2, BB calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,70) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,4, BB calls $0,40.

River: ($1,50) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0,6, Hero calls $0,60.

Final Pot: $2,70

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qd 9d)
      BB shows a full-house, tens full of aces (Jc Th)

BB wins with a full-house, tens full of aces (Jc Th)
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      Trying with c-bet is ok, but when he calls you he tells you he has sth.
      A on the turn looks good card to 2nd barrel but when he calls even that you must know that he's not on a flush draw.
      River is somewhat tricky...if you put him on some pair your Q is ok, but that's all you can beat. The flush got there, K high is beating you,...He played his line pretty strong and his river bet is really value looking.

I would c-bet flop, c/f turn.
      Especially against unknown it's unnecessary to lose your money in such bad positions.
    • veriz
      Hello YourDoom,

The ace is pretty good card for a 2nd barrel but it doesn't mean that you always have to 2nd barrel there. I often prefer to take such lines against known opponents but of course your line is fine. But I would likely just Check/Fold river, since I don't know the opponent either flush even beats us and he could even easily have K high there. Against some specific opponents that line could be even considerable.

Best regards.