[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, AJ vs. min3bet

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Both opponents are unknown. Actually I had a pretty nasty spot preflop when I faced a min3bet. I decided to cold call with an intention to fold to a 4bet from the original aggressor, because my AJ was simply to good to fold against a "gayraise" like this, and to weak to 4bet for value of course. Bluff? Ehh, I don't like to cold 4bet for a bluff... Any tips on how I should have played better in this spot would be very appreciated.
      On the flop - because I didn't see BU as a clever player with his preflop move I decided to let him hang himself. And he did it - in a hard way :D I guess it's basically impossible to find a fold here?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($18.11)
      BB ($17.66)
      UTG ($12.72)
      MP ($10.02)
      CO ($8)
      Button ($12.53)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A
      1 fold, MP bets $0.30, 1 fold, Button raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.45, 1 fold, MP calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.60) A, 9, J (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks, Button bets $12.03 (All-In), Hero ???
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Preflop: I wouldn't say that AJo is strong enough to satisfy the Call here, I'd likely just prefer to fold, also playing such a hand OOP, ain't the best way to play it.

As played
      Flop: Pretty interesting move from him, if we ask ourself if he would take such line with hands like top set or even weaker set? Although he will have at least some hand there but not sure which one and while the push doesn't make sense, I'd also Call with my 2pair hand, never know what those fishes think. He could easily even shove there with just hand like AK. More often would slowplay hands like AA, JJ or 99 and not shove directly. Just curious what did he have then? Also according his preflop play doesn't seem to be really good player either.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Hi veriz, thanks for the answer.
      I also agree that there's no way he would play a set like this. I saw fishes check/raise or even check/call (stackoff later with no FH) sets on the flops like 57T all suited many times. And this is pretty dry flop, so IMHO there's basically no possibility for a set. And good players just don't open shove.
      Btw, you made a good point about the preflop play - I really need to keep that in mind every time I play, not only when analyzing the hands :)

Oh, and the fishy had... QTo :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Hi veriz, thanks for the answer.
      I also agree that there's no way he would play a set like this. I saw fishes check/raise or even check/call (stackoff later with no FH) sets on the flops like 57T all suited many times. And this is pretty dry flop, so IMHO there's basically no possibility for a set. And good players just don't open shove.
      Btw, you made a good point about the preflop play - I really need to keep that in mind every time I play, not only when analyzing the hands :)

Oh, and the fishy had... QTo :f_biggrin:
      Hehe, even such could be in his range. :) And you are welcome for the analyze! I am glad to help. Just post more hands and we will be able to help you and move up faster in limits. :)
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Thanks buddy, I really appreciate this :)