[NL2-NL10] BU A8, 1 limper

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      Should I fold pre? Shove flop? (I am commited after call, so this may give me some fold equity)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2
      MP1:
      $2,29
      Hero:
      $11,72

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , 8:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,25, SB folds, BB calls $0,20, MP1 calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,77) A:diamond: , J:club: , 4:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0,77, Hero calls $0,77, BB folds.

Turn: ($2,31) A:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 raises $1,27 (All-In), Hero calls $1,27.

River: ($4,85) 8:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (Ac Qc)
      Hero shows a full-house, aces full of eights (As 8c)

Hero wins with a full-house, aces full of eights (As 8c)

nice suckout, payback for all gutshots that hit river from fishes :f_biggrin:
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: quite loose raise. I would fold it most of the times since you're most of the time dominated if anybody calls you. And if not playability of A8o is terrible against his range.

Flop play: Were you folding the turn if flush hit? If not, then you should raise-shove it immediatelly to protect from weaker hands. His line is very strong here, betting pot size into two players is obviosly to protect his Tptk (or at least very good). Also he could have AKs or at least one the cards suited so it blocks your potential 8 backdoor flush draw.

Don't raise so loose, you won't won't be able to hit and c-bet normally with such a weak hand. Sure, position is important but mp1 range is not so wide so you could comfortably continue playing your hand after he calls and pots you on the flop.
    • YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      I expected him to have PP, on flop its way ahead/way behind, but not many people limp/call AK, AQ and AJ while there are quite many fishes who limp/call baby aces, just calling flop was kind of bluff induction. I am commited and I am not folding to club on turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello YourDoom,

Preflop: I don't really like the isolation here with A8o against loose opponents, either they don't have a big stack. Just fold it.

As played
      Flop: You have to decide, either shove it on flop against such a stack to get protection from some kind of draw or just fold it. More often you could even consider folding since he is representing a very strong hand with his pot size, not being PFA. But if you decide to go broke here against that fish, then just shove it on flop.

Best regards.