satisfaction from tourneys (lowbie)

• evi667
      evi667
      Bronze
      I got my 50$ on titan last week and decided to play tourneys, for the simple fact i really enjoy them more than cash games.
      first i entered was the 1$ freezout, in which i ended up about 7th, boosting my BR a bit. Not sure if many of you experience the same feeling inside, but whenever you get the feeling you can do much better, you kind of get that urge?
      so i decided to beat the 7th place, and during the last week i played 7 tourneys ranging from 1-3$ freezeouts and rebuys, and this is how my standings went,
      6th > 5th > 4th, and a few i just finished in the money....
      woke up on monday feeling the same thing, that urge came back saying i really really should have won one of those. But as you might know, sometimes, the luck has its place, and the board somehow manages to let the worst hand win...
      I told myself that i will try this a few more and see how it goes, and i managed to come in 2nd on a 5$ freezeout, although i was chip leader, i donked it, and lost ><...... now am in a position, in which i am still telling myself you can do better, but this result is at least satistisfactory.

BR stands at 529$

maybe i am just lucky? :baby:
  • 4 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      What strategy you use playin tourneys?

N00b question :O :

What's the diffrence between regular tourney and freezeout?
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      i like your suicide approach, because i did this (but with s&g's) at the start, despite the fact that the admins will scream at you if they find out you did it. I advice you to start playing according to brm from now on! If you are a good player, theres a good chance you can climb up withouth doing it, but thank the pokergods, instead of pushing them further into helping you. You need 100 buyins for mtt.

congrats on your succes and good luck (you already have at least some, but still...).
    • evi667
      evi667
      Bronze
      freezeout > normal tourney without rebuys...
      its just on titan they are called like this, and every other tourney which isnt a freezeout is usually a rebuy/addon
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      i like your suicide approach, because i did this (but with s&g's) at the start, despite the fact that the admins will scream at you if they find out you did it. I advice you to start playing according to brm from now on! If you are a good player, theres a good chance you can climb up withouth doing it, but thank the pokergods, instead of pushing them further into helping you. You need 100 buyins for mtt.

congrats on your succes and good luck (you already have at least some, but still...).
      Thank you helemaalnicks...nothing more to say for me :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81