[NL2-NL10] AK facing 3bet+call

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      4-bet-Squeeze/shove pre? As played check/raise or donkbet flop? Turn betsize ok? (I think I am ahead and I want to keep them in pot, but flushdraw is possible)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2,33
      Hero:
      $11,16
      MP3:
      $2,21

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:club: , K:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0,17, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,29, 2 folds, SB calls $0,27, BB folds, Hero calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,92) A:spade: , 4:club: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0,92) Q:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,4, MP3 raises to $1,32, SB folds, Hero raises to $10,87 (All-In), MP3 calls $0,60 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($4,76) 7:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,76

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ac Kd)
      MP3 shows (Ks 3s)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ac Kd)
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      4-bet preflop (since they are both medium stacks I would 4bet a bit smaller like $1,1 or shoved over them) is a must.

Flop bet is a must - a bit over 1/2 is good enough. Giving a free card to two guys is not a good idea. Check/raise is too strong on this flop, so they will fold you 90% of the time. Also against two opponents they probably wont c-bet you so light as hu so you could donk them like you did on turn.

Turn bet is too small - if one of them calls you the pot is $1,70 and he still has $1,50 behind so he can still fold if he doesn't hit his river. If you checked the flop you should bet the turn like $0,63 (pot is $2,18) and he will probably have to call the river too ($1,30).

Correct play would be 4bet preflop. Bet flop and take it there.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello YourDoom,

Preflop: I'd just 4bet and get it in, just Calling against such stacks doesn't make sense.

As played
      Flop: Checking behind here is totally fine since we still could get value from some weaker pairs on turn, also their stacks ain't that big and even if we start betting on turn we still get their whole stack. Also there aren't many draws what we should be scared of.
      Turn: I'd likely bet a bit bigger, ~$0.60 and get it in.

Best regards.