[NL2-NL10] J8o freeplay TP

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      overplayed? bet more on turn for free showdown?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2,81
      Hero:
      $10,54

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , 8:diamond:
      7 folds, SB calls $0,03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,10) 8:club: , 3:heart: , 2:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,05, Hero raises to $0,15, SB raises to $0,25, Hero calls $0,10.

Turn: ($0,60) 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,2, SB calls $0,20.

River: ($1,00) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero calls $1,00.

Final Pot: $3,00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows a straight, six high (4s 2s)
      Hero shows (Jh 8d)

SB wins with a straight, six high (4s 2s)
  • 4 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Flop play is ok.

Turn play is very weird, why 1/3? If he has flush draw he will call you if he...he will call you with anything he called the flop for 0,20c.

River play is easy fold. What can you beat here? He can have 47, A4, any two pair combination. The only thing you can beat is missed flush draw or some bluff.

Mark this player and next time he limps from sb, raise him so he won't do it again.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello YourDoom,

Flop: I don't really like your raise here, you are turning your hand into bluff. Without any kind of reads or stats on him, I'd just Call the CBet and reevaluate further streets. As played I'd prefer to fold to the min-3bet.

As played
      Turn: Sometimes even going for pot control in this spot is better but as we picked the aggressive line then betting for flush protection is also fine, but likely bet it a bit bigger, ~$0.40.
      River: Definitely fold, we don't beat anything with he is betting potsize.

Best regards.
    • YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      veriz: Why not raise flop? he will hardly limp with 88, 33, 22, 83, 82 or 32 - either too strong or too weak so I raised for protection from flushdraws and information, when he min 3-bet I thought he have A8, K8 or flushdraw. After his check on turn I raised small with intention of getting free showdown. His river pot raise didnt made any sense to me so I thought bluffcatcher may be ahead more then 1/3 times. I am not sure about river.

Can You take another look at my line please? This hand is very important for me because of three reasons - it put me on tilt, I was really, really confused and I still think my line is viable, which may be fundamental leak in my game.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by YourDoom
      veriz: Why not raise flop? he will hardly limp with 88, 33, 22, 83, 82 or 32 - either too strong or too weak so I raised for protection from flushdraws and information, when he min 3-bet I thought he have A8, K8 or flushdraw. After his check on turn I raised small with intention of getting free showdown. His river pot raise didnt made any sense to me so I thought bluffcatcher may be ahead more then 1/3 times. I am not sure about river.

Can You take another look at my line please? This hand is very important for me because of three reasons - it put me on tilt, I was really, really confused and I still think my line is viable, which may be fundamental leak in my game.
      The main question to you is, why should you fight over a freeplay pot? One of the main leaks people are having is fighting over freeplay pot which even isn't worth. Also our hand ain't strong enough to just raise there, do you want to say that you are going broke with the hand for example if he 3bet us a lot bigger? I would never go broke there and only hands from which we get value are draws but why to risk with our chips why he meanwhile could easily have a lot stronger hand against us. Also we will never know where we stand with our hand since we are playing against a fish, and he can easily have such range what you mentioned. On river he never bluffs against our line! Just don't take so seriously such freeplay pots, don't fight over them, better fight with your made hands. :)