Stack
      Hero:
      $5
      MP1:
      $3,9
      MP2:
      $9,17

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , 7:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,05, MP2 calls $0,05, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,17) Q:spade: , T:spade: , 4:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,1, MP1 calls $0,10, MP2 calls $0,10.

Turn: ($0,47) 8:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, MP1 calls $0,25, MP2 calls $0,25.

River: ($1,22) 7:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,6, MP1 raises to $1,20, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0,60.

Final Pot: $3,62

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows a straight, eight high (6d 5d)
      Hero shows (Qc 7c)

MP1 wins with a straight, eight high (6d 5d)
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Flop: bet 0,14. If you get called try to get to the showdown cheapest possible.

Turn check-call. (Or you can try 3/4 pot bet so flush draws should be out and only J9 are beating you. The way you played you wanted them to pay you to come to the river)

River check-call (depends of the size). Why betting the river?? No missed flush draw calls you, no missed straight draw calls you (just worse Q maybe and some T8 but that's it). Miniraising is super strong.

I would try it aggressively on the flop and then probably c-call or fold the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello YourDoom,

Flop: True, you could be a bit bigger here but that doesn't make that much difference, more likely it does how you play further streets.
      Turn: But I would more likely here go for pot control, even if he has flush draw, let it be, it's only a freeplay, also he could easily have a better kicker with his Qx.

As played
      River: I'd prefer to Check/Call here vs some smaller bet since we have shown 2 streets of aggression and he wont bet into us very big with a lot weaker hand, more often tries to bluff his draws maybe and therefore Check/Call is better. Otherwise I'd Bet/Fold the river, even against such a minraise, you are behind there, don't beat anything.

Best regards.