[NL2-NL10] Implied Odds 98s

• Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Hey,

I called on the Flop figuring that I had enough chance to make my money back on this hand should I hit 2pair. I figured this because there were likely no dangerous draws on the Flop. On the Turn I gave up though. I had probably about 9 outs at that point, but I would have been even further in the red to make that call.

My method of calculating Implied Odds is as follows: "I multiply the odds by the amount I have to call. I had 8 to 1 to get 2pair so I multiplied the bet I had to call - $0.06 - by 8 and then I subtracted the amount already in the pot and figured I had to only win $0.28 for the rest of the hand to break even. I somehow don't think that is exactly the right way to calculate Implied odds, but it can't be far off the correct way.

Do you think that I had implied odds in this situation to make the Flop call, and is my method of calculating Implied odds nearly correct?

Thanks!

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $1.06
      MP2:
      $1.12
      MP3:
      $1.33
      CO (Hero):
      $2.30
      BU:
      $2.04
      SB:
      $2.18
      BB:
      $2.03

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, 8.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.02, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 6, 8, A (4 players)
      SB bets $0.06, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.06.
  • 4 replies
    • YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      Hi,

98s is good enough to steal with from CO, but calling is fine too.
      At flop You should fold, middle pair with weak kicker is unplayable 3-way.

Your odds calculation is wrong - You cannot expect free card at turn. You have 8.4:1 for improving to two pair or trips, which are good hands, but NOT nuts. Also You cant expect implied odds too much in unraised pot (unless You reads that villain is total idiot)

You also have 10.75:1 for getting OESD, but its obvious also does not guarantee nuts so it does not change your implieds much -> easy fold on flop
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Navrark,

Preflop: Limping here is totally fine since he has only 56BB and isolating ain't the greatest idea.
      Flop: What implied odds are we talking about? We will never know where we stand with our 2pair type of hand on turn since the 2pair hand could also others give a straight. Therefore I'd just fold it.

Best regards.
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Thanks guys!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Navrark
      Thanks guys!
      You are welcome! Good luck on the tables!