[NL20-NL50] 25NL K7s vs steal

• sootedAs
      Villain is a reg, 24/18, AF 2.0, Agg% 32, 3bet 4.4, ATS from CO 34%, fold to 3bet 71%, 4bet 0% over 527 hands (probably not enough for the f3b and 4bet ranges - just 17 situations but still..tells us something)

Guess I could have pot it on the river...dunno...does it change his calling range?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($38.33)
      BB ($21.45)
      UTG ($26.15)
      UTG+1 ($8.75)
      CO ($24.60)
      BTN ($41.90)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: 7:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.90, fold, Hero raises to $2.65, fold, CO calls $1.75

FLOP ($5.55) 8:spade: 6:club: T:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks

TURN ($5.55) 8:spade: 6:club: T:spade: 5:heart:

Hero bets $4.25, CO calls $4.25

RIVER ($14.05) 8:spade: 6:club: T:spade: 5:heart: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $10, CO calls $10
  • 4 replies
    • falcone1983
      3bet is too small. 3.25 is better.

Flop I check/fold too, turn I might bet or check/call (bet is probably better).

On the river just shove. He has only slightly over pot left, and I doubt his calling range changes enough to make a difference. Alternative is to bet small to induce spew, but stacks aren't deep enough for that.
    • BogdanPS
      What Falcone said.

On the river the player either folds (Ax hands, missed draws) or calls (overpairs, some slowplayed sets). So I'd shove it.

Pre I'd make it ~$3.0 but once a tight player calls on the flop we have to give up more often than not.
    • sootedAs
      I can't remember the table dynamic right now but why would he check behind an overpair there?

And my 3betting range vs regs who steal often contains a lot of low pockets, suited connectors, suited As and even suited Ks, that hits the flop rather well, don't you think? Why not protect?

The small 3bet is because I do it kinda often vs players like that and still seems to give me the same FE, though I know I'm giving better odds for him to play me IP but if I don't hit I fold, if I do..

If he starts to call too often I tighten up and 3bet bigger.
    • Kaitz20
      I guess c/f flop is fine, although with gutshot, one overcard and likely Q/A as scared cards I´d still continue my pf aggression and b/f to 2.6$
      you can bet smaller on the turn, since he won´t fold there pair and you have just oesd+ovetrcard. 3$ should make him fold his AQ/AJ type hand
      There are so many two pair combos on that board that would call you down, so I think going to shove is ok. he won´t put you on straight and maybe even calls down with one pair hand
      ofcourse if you bet 10$, then very likely he would call you down with any pair top pair+ hand